Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, rb123! said:

McCall is hopeful Boyle and Fleming will sign on for next season. Appears to be doubts about Boyle going Full Time.

Why is this still the case? Players should be given a deadline and if they havent commited eitther way then the deal should be taken off the table so we can see exactly what we need.

17 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I like the font size and colour text on the dark background, really makes the site pop out.

It looks like a pishy Sky Sports rip-off. Shame, I liked the old design much better.

37 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Why is this still the case? Players should be given a deadline and if they havent commited eitther way then the deal should be taken off the table so we can see exactly what we need.

Because they are under contract.  No point pissing off signed players

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Because they are under contract.  No point pissing off signed players

On that note, we did state through our chairman we were paying low end full time wages to part time players.  Can't imagine we are offering too much more than they are on.  Wouldn't be in a rush to agree myself.  

Crawford obviously doesn't want to sign, but is waiting as long as he can to see if other clubs make him an offer. The stumbling block is surely the development fee (I think) which Ayr would be due in his case because of his age. With pre season starting on Monday I wonder how long McCall will give him to decide.

27 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Crawford obviously doesn't want to sign, but is waiting as long as he can to see if other clubs make him an offer. The stumbling block is surely the development fee (I think) which Ayr would be due in his case because of his age. With pre season starting on Monday I wonder how long McCall will give him to decide.

I wouldn't say he doesn't want to sign.

52 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

This was discussed a couple of weeks back - he's 23 on 22nd June therefore a development fee no longer applies.

29 minutes ago, Joma Boo said:

This was discussed a couple of weeks back - he's 23 on 22nd June therefore a development fee no longer applies.

Yeah, I got a row and everything for asking whether we were due a fee for him.

Archived