Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Awrite lads? Out of interest, why is there an article on your website about the future of printed textbooks? I'm flummoxed.

Website has been hacked.  This Facebook page automatically shares everything if you want more quality content. 

https://www.facebook.com/homeofthehonestmen/

Well after those 3 very good signings for Raith Rovers that has put them in an incredibly good position, especially with the signing of 2 prolific strikers. 

Our challenge for the title looks to be rather difficult to do already.

52 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

If yer no panicking yer a Tory and proud.

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Well after those 3 very good signings for Raith Rovers that has put them in an incredibly good position, especially with the signing of 2 prolific strikers. 

What a couple of fannies.

46 minutes ago, rb123! said:

While Spence and Buchanan are very good signings for Raith I'm not sure they are any better than Moore and Moffat. 

39 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

While Spence and Buchanan are very good signings for Raith I'm not sure they are any better than Moore and Moffat. 

You'll be unsurprised that I'm biased, but I'd take Spence and Buchanan every day. Moffat had a great record at this level before, but Moore is made of chocolate. We also still have Lewis Vaughan (for now) who can add to the front line in Johnny Court, who scored the first goal against Ayr on the final day. 

8 hours ago, rw89 said:

You'll be unsurprised that I'm biased, but I'd take Spence and Buchanan every day. Moffat had a great record at this level before, but Moore is made of chocolate. We also still have Lewis Vaughan (for now) who can add to the front line in Johnny Court, who scored the first goal against Ayr on the final day. 

Moore has the potential to surpass those two if he doesn't melt. That's the gamble. 

It depends on how quick Moore and Moffat can get a partnership going but you would be hoping for at least 15 goals from each. Both are the types of players that seem to play better with smaller guys rather than a big target man. In his first spell Moffat played better with the likes of Roberts, Buchanan and Malcolm than he ever did with Wardlaw or Kyle. The same could be said for Moore who worked better with Preston than Stevo and it never worked with El Alagui last season.

In terms of Raith Buchanan and Spence have already played with each other at Alloa so have some sort of understanding although whether it was successful I don't know. Buchanan did well in his short spell here but wasn't Moffat so never got the same amount of praise. Spence would appear to have found his level although he helped Raith win the league last time they were in this division so hopefully he doesn't do the same again. 

Archived