Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Mick Wardrope, any good? Name being mentioned about possibly joining Qp 

Good passer of the ball, would do well for you IMO, disappointed he never got a proper chance here.

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Mick Wardrope, any good? Name being mentioned about possibly joining Qp 

That would surprise me considering why he left Ayr.  Would do well at this level though.  

Apparently there's quite a bit of doubt about whether Fleming will stay on for next year, apparently he's got a pretty decent job at the moment which might persuade him to stay Part Time.

AYR UNITED LEGENDS FOOTGOLF FUNDRAISER

Chance for Ayr United fans to raise money for your club's player budget! (Although you don't have to be an Ayr fan to play)

It's £100 for a four-ball (£25 a head) and you get to play alongside a former or current Ayr player making it a five-ball.

There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place.
Longest drive, nearest to the pin comp & sweepstakes.

Also on the par 3, hole 15 you can pay £2. If your shot off the tee lands on the green you profit £5!

When: Saturday 17th June

Where: Roodlea, near Coylton

Time: 1pm meet (shotgun start)
Plan to finish with a short prizegiving at around 4pm.

What to wear: Football boots not allowed. Astroturfs or trainers only. Any type of clothing suitable.

Ball: Bring your own or £2 to hire.

To get involved click the link below to see how!

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/ayr-utd-legends-footgolf/

If you are unable to participate, but would like to play your part you can sponsor a hole.

Apparently there's quite a bit of doubt about whether Fleming will stay on for next year, apparently he's got a pretty decent job at the moment which might persuade him to stay Part Time.

That's a worry. What's the situation with Hart, is he also still only part time? Haven't seen him mentioned much i don't think

13 minutes ago, Hursty said:

That's a worry. What's the situation with Hart, is he also still only part time? Haven't seen him mentioned much i don't think

Don't know but if he stays on he's definitely a good enough option to replace Fleming.

4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

He's totally untried would be a huge risk and one we can't afford to take imo.

Very good season at League 2 with Annan. I have watched him a few times with the 20s, very vocal, commands his area well and collects the ball from crosses regularly as well as good with the ball at his feet.

14 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Huge jump from 20's to League one

He's had a good season and a half in League 2, where he done well by all accounts. Has looked assured whenever I've watched him so don't see any problems with him in League 1.

I'd be happy playing him in League 1. Had a season of first team experience already so its not like we would be throwing in a kid straight out of school.

Is he even staying though? Assume he is on a part time deal like the rest and havent seen him (same as Harkins or Gilnour) mentioned with regards to making the change?

2 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Are Ayr United favourites for the League One trophy? Find out the thoughts of Michael Moffat and Ross Docherty

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/05/31/are-ayr-united-favourites-for-the-league-one-trophy-read-the-thoughts-of-michael-moffat-and-ross-docherty/

Good interview. I'm looking forward to Ross Docherty taking Nicky Devlin's "love of [the] club – for all the fans, on behalf of all the team", whatever that means.

15 hours ago, rb123! said:

Also seen from a source that Hart is off to Stranraer or Cowdenbeath.

Archived