Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

3 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Agreed - would we take McDaid & Gibson if the budget allows? In addition to McGuffie, it'd be great to have a few options out wide for a change.

McDaid and Gibson with the wages released by Harkins would be very good business IMO.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McDaid and Gibson with the wages released by Harkins would be very good business IMO.

Reckon we'd get 1 more than that. He was on a reported £1k per week. Would have thought we'd get McDaid for £300 per week & Gibson couldn't have been on much more at Stranraer surely?

Harkins has definitely signed for Morton.  Good move for us -1k a week for a guy who patently didn't want to be at Ayr was unsustainable.  Quite surprised Jim Duffy would gamble on someone so unreliable, but it's gets us off the hook.

3 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Really? Where on earth did Stranraer get that sort of cash? Come to think of it, your man Nade must have been on a few quid down there.

They've singed Jamie Hamill from QOS so.....

2 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Really? Where on earth did Stranraer get that sort of cash? Come to think of it, your man Nade must have been on a few quid down there.

Well I've never seen his payslip but I was told what Gibson was on with us and left for Stranraer in the January, I doubt he'd take a huge pay-cut when he didn't have to. I'm led to believe that Stranraer have a business man who puts money in. Nade did indeed make a good wedge down there but in the end hated Reid more than he loved the money. Stranraer also beat us to Agnew's signature last summer. They certainly aren't short of a bob or two.

10 minutes ago, Strolling Frank Rolling said:

Heading off to Tenerife today so maybe he is flying out of Prestwick and signing first.

Think it's more of a case of it being put on the website.

Just now, Strolling Frank Rolling said:

I think after the Shankland incident last year nothing will be announced officially until the player has actually signed the contract. McCall has indicated he has agreed to sign. Another good addition when he does sign.

I'm pretty sure he has already signed is what I'm meaning.

Agree, good addition, need another wide player to balance the squad out, although not opposed to McDaid and McGuffie being our wide players.

Full time football and team looking promising for next year. Things also seem to be slowly improving off the pitch. Must be the most optomistic I've ever felt after a relegation [emoji4]

Apparently Gibson was hoping for a player/coach role at Annan should Skelton get the job but, Skelton now has a decent job at Carlisle that I doubt he'd give up. McCall was quite a big part of Gibson's career so there's a good chance of the pair linking up again.

God knows what kind of wage he was on at Stranraer but was worth every penny as his goals and assists kept us up.

Good luck putting up with his father in law should you sign him.

4 hours ago, DanielB said:

Few good cup ties, some of those televised helped a lot. Budget has been reduced this season, hence Gibson moving on.

6 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Apparently Gibson was hoping for a player/coach role at Annan should Skelton get the job but, Skelton now has a decent job at Carlisle that I doubt he'd give up. McCall was quite a big part of Gibson's career so there's a good chance of the pair linking up again.

God knows what kind of wage he was on at Stranraer but was worth every penny as his goals and assists kept us up.

Good luck putting up with his father in law should you sign him.

I think his father in law has more to worry about putting up with us, hope he doesn't stand at the halfway line when Gibson's having a poor game.

Archived