Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd take Harkins back in a heartbeat.

Troon are the favourites after last season.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noticed Bob McHugh has been released by Falkirk, worth a punt? 

If he was prepared to play second fiddle to Moffat and Moore then possibly.

Can see him signing for Dumbarton or Livi though.

Wouldn't be too fussed if we went for him or not. I still think McCall may try and add another striker to the team but on a loan basis. If we're playing two up top I think we'll need cover on the bench.

So it seems that McDaid is definitely staying and I would expect Adams to sign on as well. Crawford is strange as McCall seems to think he'll stay but isn't 100% confident.

Still no word on Cairney but I don't think we'll hear about him until pre season gets underway

maxresdefault.jpg
League One's most handsome fella. He's a good laugh too. When we won the league and still had games coming up he was asked if the manager would let them go out and celebrate. "He's got no say in the matter" was Geggan's reply. He was also outraged at our announcer crediting someone else with his goal and said "he'll be getting telt".

Feck, I thought that was Darren Henderson, first glance .....

Interesting comment about Fleming and Boyles situation needing tweaked, Changing their contracts to full time? or are they not willing to sign full time ? Or are they being asked to move on ? 

No mention of Gilmour and Harkins either since they're in the same boat

Unfortunately think Fleming may move on but reckon Hart would turn out to be a good replacement. Moffatt and Geggans early signing will hopefully help sell a few more season tickets. Get switched off with his Moore, Forrest and McGuffie chat. Of course I see the potential but some of these players have a track record of hype and need to back it up with consistent performances. 

Looking forward to coming back to this thread in February when Ayr are 5th in League One and want everyone released.

So what's the script with Fleming? I thought he'd signed again with you guys?

Just thought I'd ask as we've lost Alan Martin to Queens and will be looking for a replacement...

I understand your thinking but what I took from McCalls comments were that he's on the final year of a part time deal and that needs changed to full time.

I understand your thinking but what I took from McCalls comments were that he's on the final year of a part time deal and that needs changed to full time.

Thought the same, not mentioning either Harkins or Gilmour was more glaring. There's no way that McCall will be trying to get rid of Fleming and Boyle.

Ah cheers. I haven't listened to McCall's comments, I was just going by what folk on here had said.

That makes sense then. He's a good goalkeeper, was just interested in his situation.

17 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

maxresdefault.jpg

League One's most handsome fella. He's a good laugh too. When we won the league and still had games coming up he was asked if the manager would let them go out and celebrate. "He's got no say in the matter" was Geggan's reply. He was also outraged at our announcer crediting someone else with his goal and said "he'll be getting telt".

Interested to hear that there was a deal on the table from your lot, obviously can't be arsed with another relegation battle.

Archived