Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

If Rose wants to be a professional footballer, he'd be much better dropping down to League 2 and setting himself the target of playing 30+ games next season in his chosen position with a view to kicking on to a higher level further down the line.  He won't (or at least shouldn't) be a first choice for us next season.  At his age, and without a recognised reserve league to play in, that is pointless.  He needs real meaningful experience.  I swear I don't understand how any player can get to that age having played so few games (injury aside).  

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Rose wants to be a professional footballer, he'd be much better dropping down to League 2 and setting himself the target of playing 30+ games next season in his chosen position with a view to kicking on to a higher level further down the line.  He won't (or at least shouldn't) be a first choice for us next season.  At his age, and without a recognised reserve league to play in, that is pointless.  He needs real meaningful experience.  I swear I don't understand how any player can get to that age having played so few games (injury aside).  

What absolute nonsense.

He's more than capable of playing at League 1 level. He's played this level before and happened to do well in his few appearances.

Just because he's 21 and hasn't played loads of games doesn't mean that he won't make it in our team.

Now changing the subject, who's the new signing going to be ??

Lost count of the amount of senior players who have played 100+ games at this level who've been utter shambolic for us who shouldn't have. Eg Michael Moore, David Hamilton, Chris Aitken, Austin McCann and so on.

3 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

He's more than capable of playing at League 1 level. He's played this level before and happened to do well in his few appearances.

He played a handful of games for Forfar and was a bit 'meh'

So as of now, our squad looks like this:

Ayr United:

Goalkeepers -

Greg Fleming (2018)

Jordan Hart (2018)

Defenders -

Chris Higgins (2018)

Paddy Boyle (2018)

Michael Rose (2018)

Midfielders - 

Brian Gilmour (2018)

Gary Harkins (2018)

Craig McGuffie (2018)

Strikers -

Alan Forrest (2018)

Michael Moffat (2019)

We currently have 10 signed players, probably looking to bring in another 6-8? I would imagine 2-3 defenders and 2-3 midfielders with probably 2 strikers. We can't be looking to re-sign Adams/Doc/Cairney and Crawford, 2 out of they 4 would suffice. We need to be bringing in 2 wingers.

Archived