Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

47 minutes ago, Joma Boo said:

I'll be honest I sympathise with the guy a bit: he's raised over £30k for the club so it seems a bit tight to not give him a couple of free season tickets.

That said, as much as I just see him as a novelty act who's raised a lot of money, it must be difficult for the club, if they just wanted to thank him and ease him into the background. 

From what I know, he wanted a say in how things were run etc (basically on the board) and when Mark Pettigrew got a gig on the board he's just spat the dummy. 

Don't be fooled, he made a bit of £ out the whole SB persona, there was an agenda for him doing that.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

From what I know, he wanted a say in how things were run etc (basically on the board) and when Mark Pettigrew got a gig on the board he's just spat the dummy. 

Don't be fooled, he made a bit of £ out the whole SB persona, there was an agenda for him doing that.

Somerset Boab on the board :lol:

Fucking hell that would have been priceless/the end for the club. What a clown.

37 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Somerset Boab on the board :lol:

Fucking hell that would have been priceless/the end for the club. What a clown.

What's his day job?

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

No idea, but given his penchant for making everything about him, I wouldn't be happy with that sort of character on the board even if he was Bill Gates.

So you don't know him other than as his alter ego Somerset Boab, very good.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Right. Square go.

Wouldn't be a fair fight, you're 132 ffs, any older and you'll be slower than Farid..

Archived