Summer Transfer Window '17

Or you could watch a few games and make your own, informed opinion.

Pointless argument anyway.

My brother (I kid you not) is a Plymouth Argyle fan, and one of my good mates is a Sheffield United fan. I watch plenty of the Football League, and I enjoy it far more than watching the English Premier League. The Luton Blackpool playoff semi final this year was one of the most dramatic and enjoyable matches I watched on TV all year.

That doesn't change the fact that your claim that last season's hilariously poor Orient side would comfortably stay up in the Premiership is fairly ridiculous.

I've said it before though, Davis is a quality player though, and I agree he would do a job for the majority of Lower six Premiership teams. If it wasn't for his injury he'd be nowhere near St Mirren, and would probably be sat fairly comfortably in League 1.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, geo87 said:

I watch Leyton orient regularly (and lots of other lower league football in England) and in my opinion even at their worst (i.e. Last season) would finish comfortably in the premier league.

I watch Exeter fairly regularly (been to a couple Plymouth games too) and this is a load of pish. Even the top end League 2 teams are roughly the same level as our Championship. 

To bring things back into perspective, Davis - when fit - will be one of the best defenders in the Championship. He is quite capable of playing in the Premiership in Scotland, for most of the teams in that league in my opinion. He's no Franco Baresi or Fabio Cannavaro, but a very fine signing for us, and very much needed if we're to maintain a mean defensive record which can only help in our quest to reach the Premiership by the end of this season.

If he was quite capable of playing in the top flight then he wouldn't be slumming it - quite literally - with a rabble that finished with the same number of points as a bunch of plumbers and builders last season.

Where were the offers from Motherwell, Partick Thistle etc.?

1 hour ago, virginton said:

If he was quite capable of playing in the top flight then he wouldn't be slumming it - quite literally - with a rabble that finished with the same number of points as a bunch of plumbers and builders last season.

Where were the offers from Motherwell, Partick Thistle etc.?

You mean he never informed you of which offers he got and from which club? The cheek of the man... <_<

4 hours ago, Soctty said:

To bring things back into perspective, Davis - when fit - will be one of the best defenders in the Championship. He is quite capable of playing in the Premiership in Scotland, for most of the teams in that league in my opinion. He's no Franco Baresi or Fabio Cannavaro, but a very fine signing for us, and very much needed if we're to maintain a mean defensive record which can only help in our quest to reach the Premiership by the end of this season.

Would you say he was as good as Garry Gunning? Utd fans don't seem to rate him but Morton fans think otherwise.

30 minutes ago, virginton said:

That'll be 'there weren't any other offers' confirmed; thanks for that. 

The fact that it's stated on the official site that he knocked back interest from England and Scotland seems to disagree with your ill-informed comment.

Cheers.

He's an excellent player, ordinarily too good for us, but he's recovering from a dislocated knee.

His stock remains higher with us than with other clubs because Jack has seen first hand what he can do when fit. 

We are therefore more prepared to gamble on him than other teams.

It's really not a difficult concept to grasp for the non-moronic. Sadly, that appears to rule out the Virgin.

You might want to get your story straight with your fellow spoon-burner, who seems to think that Saint Mirren beat off several top flight clubs to secure some gubbins no-mark. Yet here you are claiming that you only got him because he's a crock and you were willing to 'gamble' on him. 

Given such basic inconsistencies it's safe to conclude that the gormless Saint Mirren fanbase will believe absolutely anything that their board or 'insider sources' tell them.

It's the same story. We offered him a two-year deal which others weren't prepared to match.

You are out of your depth here: you should stick to pictures of Ainsley Harriott and that defender who fucked off away from Cappielow after a handful of games and never wants to come back.

The reason why they weren't prepared to offer a two year deal to a fourth-tier English jobber is perfectly clear and has nothing to do with an injury. I'm sure that Partick Thistle for example are furious that they were forced to sign Niall Keown, when the next Franco Baresi is strutting his stuff for a midtable Chmapionship club for the foreseeable future. If only it weren't for a dodgy knee etc. 

The gullible nature of Saint Mirren fans never ceases to be a source of comedy. 

Erm yes -as an example of one of the Premiership defences that your gormless fans claimed that he "could walk into" and a club that was 'rejected' in favour of a bottom-half side in the second tier. And it has been established that Saint Mirren fans - as usual - were in fact talking complete and utter bollocks.

Do keep up. 

You saying stuff "establishes" nothing :lol:

I don't agree that he could walk into any Prem side. That's clearly bollocks. But he is of that level - as anyone in his position would want, he's gone for the longest possible contract at a club he clearly sees potential at.

Edit: you're really very angry, aren't you? I bet you set fire to cats.

Archived