Summer Transfer Window '17

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not believing a word that comes out just now. He said a lot in anger on Saturday and I'm not sure how we go from playing down the need for players like he did after the Queens game to being that raging and having "deals almost done" 7 days later. 

Also, it's been said we had no money left, how do we now suddenly have enough for 2 players?

I'd like to think that, after being left a bit red faced by the Portoeus and Penrice deals, he wouldn't make a comment like that without it being 99% of the way there.

That's what I'd like to think anyway...I mean if nothing comes off he's going to look a bit daft, and be questioned on it an awful lot given we have a squad with 1 striker in it at the moment!

Spoiler

Website has been on constant refresh since Monday morning. Do not let me down, Stephen.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We've been fed the no money chat for years and still managed to sign extra. After being tolf we had no money last year the extra signings included Sam Stanton etc. I'm more inclined to not believe the no money chat given the track record when it comes to that.

I reckon he was playing it down after Queens incase it didn't come off or it fell through. Dunfermline was a week later, he could easily have a deal almost tied up in that time.

39 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I'd like to think that, after being left a bit red faced by the Portoeus and Penrice deals, he wouldn't make a comment like that without it being 99% of the way there.

That's what I'd like to think anyway...I mean if nothing comes off he's going to look a bit daft, and be questioned on it an awful lot given we have a squad with 1 striker in it at the moment!

Reveal hidden contents

Website has been on constant refresh since Monday morning. Do not let me down, Stephen.

You could be right guys and I hope you are, but I think Stevie is feeling the pressure and he knows how far off the standard we were on Saturday, it wouldn't surprise me if he's said that to either keep fans relatively happy (as you can be after a 4 goal humping at home) or to force a reaction out of some players who aren't pulling their weight.

16 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Stop what you're doing, and take a deep breath. Dumbarton have signed a striker - Greg Morrison to be precise, on loan from Ross County until January. Happy days.

We were after him a couple of weeks ago but seemed to can our interest for some reason. No idea why.

That's us finished for the summer. Cypriot attacker Dimitris Froxylias has joined us from Ermis Aradippou. Him + Mango puts us in a strong position for the most handsome team in the league competition. 

Right lads, care to have a look at the OP to see if there's anything I've missed. I've tried to keep it as updated as possible, but it's not easy, especially when young players are released and end up floating down the leagues.

On 06/05/2017 at 19:52, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Queen of the South

In: Andrew Stirling (Dumbarton), Callum Fordyce (Dunfermline Athletic), Alan Martin (Dumbarton), Shaun Rooney (York City), Chris Kane (St Johnstone, loan), Jason Kerr (St Johnstone, loan)

Out: Joe Thomson (Celtic, loan expired), Connor McManus (Celtic, loan expired), Dominic Thomas (Motherwell, loan expired), James Atkinson (Annan Athletic), Jamie Hamill (Stranraer), Chris Higgins (Ayr United), Andy Dowie (Dumbarton), Scott Hooper (Annan Athletic), Dale Hilson (St Mirren), Steven Rigg (released), Owen Moxon (Annan Athletic), Dean Brotherston (Sunshine George Cross), Aidan Smith (Annan Athletic)

This is accurate, though Joe Thomson has since gone back out on loan to Livingston and Connor McManus left Celtic on his return and has since signed for Morton. Dom Thomas moved to Kilmarnock following his return to Motherwell (and nobody, not even his parents, have ever called Jim Atkinson "James"!)

Steven Rigg remains clubless as he's not fit yet following cruciate surgery.

If you want to be pedantic and include others who had a squad number for us last season even though they didn't actually get on the pitch for the first team, other "Outs" were:
Cameron Copland (Penrith)
Richard Murray (Cumnock Juniors)
Ayrton Sonkur (Annan Athletic)

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This is accurate, though Joe Thomson has since gone back out on loan to Livingston and Connor McManus left Celtic on his return and has since signed for Morton. Dom Thomas moved to Kilmarnock following his return to Motherwell (and nobody, not even his parents, have ever called Jim Atkinson "James"!)

Steven Rigg remains clubless as he's not fit yet following cruciate surgery.

If you want to be pedantic and include others who had a squad number for us last season even though they didn't actually get on the pitch for the first team, other "Outs" were:
Cameron Copland (Penrith)
Richard Murray (Cumnock Juniors)
Ayrton Sonkur (Annan Athletic)

:lol: I like to be formal about these things

Cheers, I'll fire in the other lads just to make it totally complete!

Archived