Stranraer FC 2017-18

42 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

We play Cumbernauld Colts Saturday 22nd July at Broadwood. 11am kick off.

I see we also play Dumbarton in what seems to becoming an annual friendly on the 1st of July at Lochinch. No kick off time confirmed yet.

Is it definitely at Lochinch? When I saw it I assumed it would be at New Tinto Park like it has been during the previous few seasons. Lochinch would be ideal mind you, because you can just wander past for a look, making it near on impossible to be made closed doors.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it definitely at Lochinch? When I saw it I assumed it would be at New Tinto Park like it has been during the previous few seasons. Lochinch would be ideal mind you, because you can just wander past for a look, making it near on impossible to be made closed doors.

Yeah, according to our website anyway. Lochinch is cracking for a friendly if the bar is open.

1 hour ago, Tuckerstoes said:

Turner signed to dons. What's the fee? 

Not seeing this anywhere else. You seem to know a bit about Turner and the under 20's. Good luck to Kyle if he does move on.

6 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Not seeing this anywhere else. You seem to know a bit about Turner and the under 20's. Good luck to Kyle if he does move on.

Source at Aberdeen tells me it's 100% happening. Was curious also at the lack of news? 

10 hours ago, Tuckerstoes said:

Turner signed to dons. What's the fee? 

Has been rumoured and loaned back to us,with Mcinnes staying on at Dons could be movement,but no matter what,the boy has a bright future and will make Stranraer fc money wherever he ends up.

25 minutes ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Has been rumoured and loaned back to us,with Mcinnes staying on at Dons could be movement,but no matter what,the boy has a bright future and will make Stranraer fc money wherever he ends up.

Would be a positive move definitely start of something good for the boy 

Always thought that Wilson was a brilliant player. Always wanted the ball and could play a pass. Just didn't play enough games to show what he could do. Would be sad to see turner go but would be delighted for the boy of he gets this move. Top player with bags of potential.

9 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

David Wilson guys? We're linked with him in the Record today, Chris Aitken told Stevie to have a look at him, so I take it he must've been decent enough?

Plenty of energy, happy to take on a man and not scared to tackle. A bit raw but there is a player in there somewhere.

3 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Unsurprisingly Craig Pettigrew has signed for Talbot.

His level.

Big Davie Wilson looked a decent player comfortable on the ball, and had an aggression about him in the tackle I liked but as everyone else says he never got enough game time. I cant see him being anything more than a squad player tho GG and and Carswell would prob be more suited

Still no confirmation on Liam Dick for this season. Also a trialist may play tomorrow, coming up from England to try and secure a deal.

Expecting to see a few trialists given how short we are up front and that we need a wide player.
I'm a big fan of Liam Dick but think we're playing a dangerous game by letting him wait to see if he gets a better offer. Say he does move on in the next couple of weeks we're left chasing another player while in the time Dick stalled there's been a few good left backs snapped up.
Hard situation for the manager.

Archived