Stranraer FC 2017-18

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to lie, was trying to get odds on you guys getting relegated after our last game at your place - thought you would plummet down the league. Fair play though, that is some turnaround. Farrell certainly showing his managerial credentials.

Thankfully McBookie wouldn't give me odds!

21 minutes ago, Moonball said:

I don't know what no yellow shirts means but, I'd like to be that be that we wear our  home kit a lot more than we currently do.

Anyway I suspect the two new signings will be develop loans. Good to have a bit more depth. Awaiting more details eagerly.

24 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

I don't know what no yellow shirts means but, I'd like to be that be that we wear our  home kit a lot more than we currently do.

Anyway I suspect the two new signings will be develop loans. Good to have a bit more depth. Awaiting more details eagerly.

It's a nod to the Sky Sports Deadline Day coverage. "Yellow ties" would have been better but I was/am half asleep. :unsure:

A0YzVtNTE6M_FDYxhT-zl6rVIQF7xCeo.jpg

Social media detective work suggests Dean Hawkshaw  of Kilmarnock is one of the signings. Midfield player apart from that  don't know much. He's not made a wiki page up for himself yet so probably quite grounded.

8 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Social media detective work suggests Dean Hawkshaw  of Kilmarnock is one of the signings. Midfield player apart from that  don't know much. He's not made a wiki page up for himself yet so probably quite grounded.

He might not have made one up, but somebody has!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Hawkshaw

We've got quite a bit of deadwood in our squad, and Stevie obviously has very close connections with you guys. I'm purely speculating, but I wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Chris Johnston head your way. He's not even close to getting a game for us, and I doubt he's on major money. No idea how your finances are looking though - so that could kill off any potential deal.

58 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

He might not have made one up, but somebody has!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Hawkshaw

We've got quite a bit of deadwood in our squad, and Stevie obviously has very close connections with you guys. I'm purely speculating, but I wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Chris Johnston head your way. He's not even close to getting a game for us, and I doubt he's on major money. No idea how your finances are looking though - so that could kill off any potential deal.

Can't see it to be honest... think we're mostly in the market for freebies. Although it seems to be serving us pretty well so far.

How's Liam Dick doing for you guys? 

24 minutes ago, Moonball said:

Can't see it to be honest... think we're mostly in the market for freebies. Although it seems to be serving us pretty well so far.

How's Liam Dick doing for you guys? 

Never mind freebies, I'm sure there are quite a few Sons fans who'd pay to send him your way! Dick's been alright. Probably Man of the Match on his debut against Queen of the South, but since then has been reasonably solid if unremarkable. Chris Mclaughlin, who he's replaced, was excellent going forward, but Dick doesn't have that side to his game, so a change in tactics with the return of Andy Stirling might suit him a bit more. We lost both full-backs within a month of each other, and replacing them with less attacking guys whilst sticking to the same tactics is probably one of the major reasons we haven't scored yet this year.

So the club held a special meeting on Monday night for its members , which is a great idea and  to keep fans informed of what has been going on regarding the running of our club . Just wondering how many members turn up and what was said , find it strange that not a mention of it anywhere . I’m only asking out of interest but perhaps it’s not for every fan to know .

Archived