Stranraer FC 2017-18

4 hours ago, beefybake said:

Just been looking up some of the figures for Ian Harty.

Stranraer       68 goals in 168 games

Clyde             34          in  75 games

8/9 years later....

Annan            18          in  44 games.

Never really lost his touch.

Never lost his moods either,a wee bit sulky.:whistle

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8/9 years later....

Scored 5 in 10 games for Airdrie as well, definitely had an eye for goal

8/9 years later....

Harty and Walker were both brilliant in their first spell with us.
Two of our best players at a time I started taking a proper interest in football.
Not a team that will go down in history but remember quite a few of Billy McLarens squad fondly.

Twitter correspondent is required for the South team if anyone's interested - or is going to the games anyway and wouldn't mind updating!

On a self imposed Twitter ban, as Twitter alcohol and myself don't seem to agree. A bit like Pie & Bovril but 100 times worse.
Happy to help out but can't commit fully, work commitments and first team games will conflict but seem more of the south team than the first team this season.

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 19:59, Mattmc said:

Harty and Walker were both brilliant in their first spell with us.
Two of our best players at a time I started taking a proper interest in football.
Not a team that will go down in history but remember quite a few of Billy McLarens squad fondly.

Don't remember Harty all that fondly - given his goalscoring exploits he was pretty much the go to man for post-match quotes, but he spent every post-match shamelessly trying to punt himself to full-time clubs. If I was him I would have wanted the step-up, but it got seriously tedious in his last season with us.

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 08:55, Clayhole Blue said:

Don't remember Harty all that fondly - given his goalscoring exploits he was pretty much the go to man for post-match quotes, but he spent every post-match shamelessly trying to punt himself to full-time clubs. If I was him I would have wanted the step-up, but it got seriously tedious in his last season with us.

Has had more clubs than Rory McIlroy!!

Check it out on Wiki.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zen Archer said:

Hi Guys, I'm down on Friday night and was wondering what are the top 3 pubs and pubs best to avoid?

Cheers in advance.

If you're after a bit of live music the Fitba Bar usually has a live band on and is reasonably priced. The Grapes also has a bit of music Friday evening, also regularly wins awards for it's real ale.

If you're wanting to watch some live sport I'd head for The Royal, The Bridge or The Ark House.

All the pubs mentioned are within five minutes walk of each other. Plenty to choose from in the town centre. Nothing spectacular but a few decent pubs about.

If you're after a bit of live music the Fitba Bar usually has a live band on and is reasonably priced. The Grapes also has a bit of music Friday evening, also regularly wins awards for it's real ale.
If you're wanting to watch some live sport I'd head for The Royal, The Bridge or The Ark House.
All the pubs mentioned are within five minutes walk of each other. Plenty to choose from in the town centre. Nothing spectacular but a few decent pubs about.

In the Grapes just now, the house band are great.

In the Grapes just now, the house band are great.

Nice one. A good Stranraer supporter involved in the band.
The place isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I’d say one of my favourite in the town.
Have a good night.

Archived