Brechin City v Raith Rovers - There And Back Again

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BIGQ FAE KDY said:

Still gutted yet and will take a while to get over this but well done brechin and all the best in the final.

Indeed all the best but I'd prefer they didn't, I'd take a trip to glebe park over trudging back to recreation park any day

1 hour ago, 'Steve said:

As I said on Wednesday the big guy M'voto is colossal in the air but an absolute bombscare with the ball at feet.

That's pretty much been my impression all season (any player who gets a cheer for making it to the halfway line without losing the ball is either Davidson or doing something wrong) but for some reason you're the first team that reacted to this during your first encounter, if other teams had been as quick to spot it we'd probably have been in trouble a lot sooner than we were.

6 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Agreed. Just as long as Sim isn't successful.

Sim holds the ace card which is the stadium, for what it's worth our only asset 

Hes a speculator which could turn out to be good or bad

On 2017-5-14 at 01:09, bagpuss said:

Big difference between the two. We've gone on sporting grounds as our squad underachieved and screwed up. Your demise was due to outright cheating of the taxman and local businesses who had to accept buttons in settlement. You should be really proud of yourselves.

The reason we gave it big licks was you went to the Premier league on the never never. We lived within our means and didn't spend what we didn't have. Wheover said cheats never prosper is an arsehole.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and :lol:

23 hours ago, Bobopar said:

No, just don't have the rose tinted glasses on, Raith were poor, City marginally better. Football is all about opinions, from a neutral point of view it was a shit game, obviously from a Brechin point of view it was a magnificent effort to put one over on one of the worst performing Rovers team in the last 10 years, from the Rovers fans point of view it was a gutless performance from a team who should be at the other end of the table.

In saying all that well done Brechin City and to the fans that they brought down, hope you beat the Wasps, love a day out to the Hedge.

You're an idiot.

Can't see us put any up now to be honest. Looks like the club have gone completely silent since it happened on Saturday.

Poor show if they don't put the highlights up.

Staying silent wont make it go away and is a very childish act when all of us wish to view them.

Get them up Eric, we know you're reading.

Staying silent wont make it go away and is a very childish act when all of us wish to view them.

To be fair, there's a couple of others things I'd like from Eric before the highlights..

52 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If we don't show them then it didn't happen.

Our 2017/18 Championship campaign starts here :thumsup2

16 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

To be fair, there's a couple of others things I'd like from Eric before the highlights..

Joking aside, M'Voto has probably taken out a court injunction to stop the highlights being broadcast.

2 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Will there be any highlights of this? Not for my amusement of course.

There was a delay in getting the highlights up when we emptied Locke. When they were put up, they showed nothing more than Morton scoring and then a shot of Locke walking towards the tunnel receiving a chorus of boos. :lol:

Simple, but fitting, I thought. Same again, please - Brechin's penalty and the manager walking towards the tunnel about to be sacked. 

2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

That pass from M'Voto to Bobby Barr is fuckin awful for a professional footballer.

Hate it when there's 'scenes' in the crowd but the video zooms in to the players barely celebrating.  

11 hours ago, 'Steve said:

As I said on Wednesday the big guy M'voto is colossal in the air but an absolute bombscare with the ball at feet.

Given his performance against us he is a bombscare in the air too. His fresh air header then his weak header immediately after, lead to our first a couple of weeks back, and his preferred method of defending against MacKenzie was to hold onto his shirt.  

17 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

That pass from M'Voto to Bobby Barr is fuckin awful for a professional footballer.

"You fucking beauty - get in there" right enough.

17 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Great technique from McManus to save our arses in the 90 minutes.

I remember thinking at the time about how gutting it must have been for the Brechin supporters.

Worked out no' bad for them in the end.

Archived