Brechin City v Raith Rovers - There And Back Again

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems like Dec doesn't enjoy the banter :lol:

6a3e6a1d15e0a930e6282786847d3974.jpg

Brilliant !! You can't hide from karma !! He should change his name to Elvis Costello.... like Elvis Costello did !!

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Got what we deserved. Well played Brechin, good luck in the final.

Have seen less talented Raith teams but none so gutless. Declan MacManus is one of the worst. Glad to see the back of him. If only we could get Drysdale to face up to his role in this horror show of a season and f**k off too

Tonight on Peter and Roughie..during the playoffs...Alan Rough said..'Declan McManus should be looking to move to the next level'.

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Can't stand Alloa's dump... so hope they go up and we don't have to suffer going their next year.. :lol:

Aye I understand now, fucking fud I am :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Exactly!

Glebe Park is one of my favourite grounds. 

I'm that much of a fanny it didn't register you are a Raith fan :lol: 

Amazing finale to that play-off. Congrats to City and commiserations to Rovers. When we got relegated, we were the worst team in the league and it was a brutal slow motion car crash for a season. You guys at least made a play-off spot. Going down proved to be the best thing and the next season's success brought a lot of positivity to the club. Good luck.

Nvr seen that coming today after stumbling thru Wednesdays game .. Felt Rovers were more of a threat on Wed tbh .... My team have worked they re arses off last 2 games with squad players bein absolutely brilliant but in my opinion Willie Dyer was immense today .. i thought all our goals were great finishes work still had to be done atfer the mistakes from Jock ..Big mention to Caldwell for his efforts last 2 games he could ve easily thrown toys outta pram but he has nt ...

And what about Bobby Barr i liked him at Brechin always at the wind up and today i saw why opposing clubs hate him .. Missing that pen must ve hurt after giving us thumbs up ... 

Finally what about Smithy what a keeper ..He has his moments but we would nt swap him ever ... 

Walking out after game mixing with Rovers fans recieved no bitterness or snide comments all taking they re loss well ... i m sure they ll bounce back too big a club too be in league 1... 

For us still another 2 massives games ..

Well done today 

14 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

The post match interview by John Hughes has got to be televised. (if there is one) Would be glorious glorious viewing.

Apparently the whole staff threw the dummy out of the pram and refused to be interviewed post match. Lack of class...

So based on the info from the public announcement system at HT, I'm guessing the guy 'Ross' won't be getting a big Raith club crest tattoo because they never won and he's evidently too ashamed to follow a third tier side?

Anyway, I'm still recovering from a game that pretty much had everything. Possibly the cruellest way to relegate a team though, sorry Rovers! Quite nice to show that there is some skill there rather than get accused of just hacking and taking advantage of defensive goofs and quite telling that I counted at least four occasions where Brechin showboating* left a Raith player on the deck. Embarrassing for them.

*Pretty basic turns actually, but it was rather entertaining to see full time players left on their arses time after time.

So based on the info from the public announcement system at HT, I'm guessing the guy 'Ross' won't be getting a big Raith club crest tattoo because they never won and he's evidently too ashamed to follow a third tier side? What a guy.

The guy wasn't daft. He knew fine well there was no chance he would have to honour that pledge.

There was an air of inevitability that this clusterfuck of a season would end in a shitty way . Locke's appointment, our pishy away record, Goaliegate, Vaughan's loan to a direct rival.Yogi's appointment,  the opposition  free kicks that kept  flying into the  postage stamp... the list goes on. We're down because we deserve it and our BoD were too arrogant to believe it could happen to us. Eric Drysdale in particular needs to look himself in the mirror; he's had a hand in most of this.

We're now at a fork in the road: do we clear EVERYONE out as has been rumoured and go largely p/t again , or do we have one go as a f/t club getting out of that league? That's worked for Livi Morton and Queens.... that would be my preference.

48 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

So do I

Well done to Brechin.Not a good team by any stretch of the imagination but good enough to beat a team of gutless cnuts masquerading as football players with the exception of a couple of players

I counted 5 times our defenders had a Raith forward on his backside through sheer footballing talent. Willie Dyer leaving Bobby Barr for dead was one of the highlights .  Not to mention Skacel getting megged on Wednesday night. The composure and fitness from our team even after going a goal behind in extra time was quite something .  We dominated the last 15 mins while Rovers were dead on their feet.  

I said after Wednesday that our ball players would come out and play good football on a decent surface and so it proved.    Finn Graham was immense as was every player in a Brechin shirt.  I know Rovers weren't too good but they weren't allowed to play as Dods got his tactics spot on. 

John Hughes, Bobby Barr, Craig Barr , Gordon Brown, John Prescott, Auld Willie the caretaker from the linolium factory............YOUR BOYS TOOK A HELLUVA BEATING .......a HELLUVA BEATING !!  

See you next season

Archived