Brechin City v Raith Rovers - There And Back Again

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with this, to an extent. As we discovered, it is a piece of piss. HOWEVER, that's only if you get a decent manager in. Under Jefferies and Potter, we made a right meal of it. Manager recruitment does not seem to be a strength of Raith's just now. They did very well appointing MacKinnon, but these last 2 have been rank rotten for the club. Raith's prize money this season, will see that they have a much bigger budget than the rest of the league, so I'm sure they'll be able to recruit well. Darren Young may be a decent option? He knows the league and did very well at Albion - would very much be a MacKinnon type appointment.

I hope they do breeze through league one, as the derbies will definitely be missed next season. Would have been great to keep them in this league. If the fans get behind the team, then I'm sure Raith will be playing Championship football the following season.

I would welcome the prospect of Darren young taking charge

5 minutes ago, GordieBoy80 said:

If we sign that useless c**t M'Voto I'm demanding Johnston's resignation.

Nice to see that we aren't the only team useless at penalties.

Can use him to guard the corner flags. 

11 minutes ago, Parscelona said:

giphy.gif

Did he genuinely get player of the year? If so what does that say for the rest - he was a bomb scare in the making and accounted for 3 of Brechins 4 goals over the two ties.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Absolutely. But you just know they'll have a bit of resentment towards him. I personally wouldn't like to be in his shoes. Is he under contract for next season?

Lewis was professional, he was playing for the Dumbarton fans and manager who backed him. It's not his fault, I'm sure the Raith fans will back him. Absolute credit to him that his thoughts were to play in the play off and help Raith avoid relegation. Did you expect him not to try when playing for Dumbarton. He had to prove to Raith that he deserves his place in their squad. He more than done that with Dumbarton.

Archived