Brechin City v Raith Rovers - There And Back Again

He should feel no shame it was the BOD not him that are to blame.

Absolutely. But you just know they'll have a bit of resentment towards him. I personally wouldn't like to be in his shoes. Is he under contract for next season?

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely. But you just know they'll have a bit of resentment towards him. I personally wouldn't like to be in his shoes. Is he under contract for next season?

Yes he is and I know the fans don't blame the lad so could be interesting.

21 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Paid the price for hanging on to locke too long. Hughes appears to have lost the dressing room as well. We have to look at getting rid of the boys that don't care. This in no way will be an easy transition, but we need someone in now that will lift the club and get things sorted. If we don't come up at the 1st time of asking, we could well end up down there for a good few years.

Not sure you could squeeze any more cliches in to that post.

Anyway; GET IT ROON YE YA MINKS!!!! WE DON'T EVEN HATE YOU, YOU'RE JUST A WEE TEAM!!!

Anyway, I make it that at least 4 Raith Rovers employees have contrived to relegate their team (Drysdale, Locke, Hughes and Vaughan). How many Rovers employees contrived to keep you up? The kitman, but who else?

Locke needs to update his LinkedIn

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can Vaughan realistically stay with Raith? I know he was 'doing his job' for Dumbarton but he's bound to feel pretty tense walking past the Raith BOD and playing staff. Such a ridiculous move by Raith.

Get rid of a player good enough for the division above? Struggle to retain may be the issue here.

Feel tense? He is probably feeling annoyed that his skills weren't utilised and it has left him returning to a relegated team.

:lol: Best of luck to Brechin in the final. 

While we've been relegated, I'm just glad this season is over. Drysdale can get to f**k, as with half the chancers in the squad. 

The board need to keep the players we've got signed up as they'll be fine for the level below. Davo can get to f**k though. 

Hope to goodness that some of the dross that's signed on already for next season have relegation release clauses in their contracts. The bright side of this could be a fresh start with the core of the team based upon Mathews, Vaughan and Court, with hopefully a few more from this seasons successful development team making the step up. 

No more 37 year old journeymen bought in because they are mates of the boss. Rebuild and do it properly and for the long term. Yeah and get some of the young talent on three year deals so we can get some stability for a change. The directors seem happy to put in a bit of money to sign dross, I'm sure they can keep the club afloat for a couple of seasons in division 1 with a full time youth movement. 

As much as I'll always have a soft spot for Dougie Hill, due to his man of the match performance in the Challenge Cup final, and his valiant attempt to separate Joshua Falkingham's head from his body, I am thoroughly looking forward to Jonny Court smashing him right through that hedgerow.

How did this work out for you?

4 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

When you go will you send back
A letter from Airdrieonians?
Take a look up the rail track
From Stranraer to Coatbridge.

Dunfermline no more
Dumfries no more
Dumbarton no more
Greenock no more

That's embarrassing even by your lowly standards you utter fucking roaster. :lol:

Mind poor wee rudi playing the victim on his last visit to Easter road? Get it up you, ya fucking red nosed, vile, teapot. 

Mind wee Bobby Barr on his last two visits to Easter road, giving it the gestures to the east stand and his comments on twitter? get it up you, ya cocky wee *** rat.

mind when raith sooked up hearts arses by pretending both clubs played a massive part in winning the war? get it up you, ya ambulance chasing inbred fife p***ks.

enjoy your trips to Arbroath next sesson. get doon and stay doon

Guest Back Post Misses
Throwing in the towel before you've played the first leg?

I still have my towel, yours was thrown in about September 2016

Guest Back Post Misses
Mind poor wee rudi playing the victim on his last visit to Easter road? Get it up you, ya fucking red nosed, vile, teapot. 

Mind wee Bobby Barr on his last two visits to Easter road, giving it the gestures to the east stand and his comments on twitter? get it up you, ya cocky wee *** rat.

mind when raith sooked up hearts arses by pretending both clubs played a massive part in winning the war? get it up you, ya ambulance chasing inbred fife p***ks.

enjoy your trips to Arbroath next sesson. get doon and stay doon

I take it you don't like Raith much?

Get rid of a player good enough for the division above? Struggle to retain may be the issue here.
Feel tense? He is probably feeling annoyed that his skills weren't utilised and it has left him returning to a relegated team.

It's not about "getting rid" it's more a case of if the boy feels comfortable staying.

When you go will you send back
A letter from Airdrieonians?
Take a look up the rail track
From Stranraer to Coatbridge.
Dunfermline no more
Dumfries no more
Dumbarton no more
Greenock no more

Probably the beer but I'm going to give you a Charles Green for that one.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

It's not about "getting rid" it's more a case of if the boy feels comfortable staying.

Why should he want to stay? He's clearly proven he's good enough to play in the Championship unlike those at his parent club. I'd be scrambling like f**k to get my move back to the level I successfully helped my team maintain this season. 

Archived