Brechin City v Raith Rovers - There And Back Again

The rovers boys seem to b clutching at straws. It's not a pen the ref was shite. Ffs if ur lot had done the biz during the season u wouldn't be in the fucking play offs.

Are you seriously trying to say that wasn't a penalty? A goal keeper would've been proud of that punch out of the box!

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Result was fair, both team didn't create  much, raith are very direct, every corner and throw right into the mixer, mvoto won every header, lucky he's brutal at heading the ball (que the hatrick of headers on sat) Liam watt was the best midfielder on the park in my eyes, Jacko the best striker, dyer was solid as was lynas, fusco and pabz didn't put a foot wrong, think buzz has to save free kick from that distance, it wasn't a rocker,

we really are a small team we need hill back massively to nullify there airel threat

on Saturdays showing that's all they have 

delighted bobby Barr didn't play 

Do you honestly think any team could have played football on that pitch last night? Was set up up to be direct. The ball was bobbling everywhere. Brennan shat himself every time he got be ball, as did M'Voto.

Honestly the pitch was worse than a public park. 

Did the Brechin fans honestly think we would come and pass it about? Clearly your game plan would be to nullify us playing it about? 

We'll probably still be quite direct on Saturday mind you. 

You guys are getting desperate now.  If last night is any indication of how you played all season it is little wonder you are in the position you are in now.  To blame the ref for you lot being shite is going a bit far. 
Yogi has shown his true spiteful colours with the Bobby Barr issue.  He would have turned that game last night . 

Barr has been murder for months, just like we have. I doubt he would've had the impact Johnston did.

The penalty decision is a strange one. I was right next to it at the match and thought it was a clear penalty but it looks like the no 9 went down after clipping his own heels in the video.

3 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Do you honestly think any team could have played football on that pitch last night? Was set up up to be direct. The ball was bobbling everywhere. Brennan shat himself every time he got be ball, as did M'Voto.

Did the Brechin fans honestly think we would come and pass it about? Clearly your game plan would be to nullify us playing it about? 

The pitch doesn't help our ball players either.  You are quite correct in what you are saying about direct football.  If Starks is decent on Saturday I think you will see a more confident passing game from us. A bit more than just nullifying you lot. ...............Although I thought we were fairly decent for a spell in the second half . 

Correct decision to rule out the header, that's not a penalty, I'm genuinely not sure on the handball though in fairness.

You'd expect Raith to prevail fairly comfortably in the second leg.

Don't see wat overthehedge1 sees.watt nah Dyer soft. Cant slag Jacko even tho he didn't hav his best game,Lynas doing well Fusco n pabs I expect to do well. Opinions r just that. As a team we done ok no more n no stand outs. Let's go to Fife as a team n hav a real go

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Hoofball prevailed for the most part, however we showed momentarily that passing on the deck worked.

I don't always agree with the notion that you can't play Subbuteo on a duvet.

This seems to be what most folk are saying. Those at the game said "stonewaller". However, after watching the highlights folk are calling it a dive.

Can the ref really be criticised for giving a decision that people who were at the game agreed with?

No referees are human (mostly) and get things wrong it's more a case for technology in football (video ref) I've seen things at the football I was convinced of then watched the highlights to discover I was 100% wrong. For me the Brechin penalty he kicks his own heal and should not have been a penalty but neither was our call for the hand ball. Yes it hits his hand but the law is deliberate handball, but this like last week wasn't deliberate. Don't like all the unnatural arm position rubbish you hear, the law of the game is clear it has to be deliberate and I don't think that was. These tend to be 50/50 depending on the referee.

As for the game Brechin worked hard and kept things tight denying us space well, thought they tired towards the end though and we could have nicked it but a draw was about fair. Saturday I would fancy us to use the larger pitch to exploit Brechin but the first goal will be crucial. If Brechin grab it they will park the bus and we will struggle to break them down. If Rovers get it I would expect us to be able to open them up and punish them. All to play for come Saturday.

22 hours ago, slangs said:

Don't see wat overthehedge1 sees.watt nah Dyer soft. Cant slag Jacko even tho he didn't hav his best game,Lynas doing well Fusco n pabs I expect to do well. Opinions r just that. As a team we done ok no more n no stand outs. Let's go to Fife as a team n hav a real go

Hear we go again,

lynas on the brain,

he did well at defending, solid if unspectacular has turned my opinion of him around, I'd have him as first choice right back now, if pabz stays at cb 

watt was really good on the day, agree we haven't seen it to often this season but he was my motm, dyer as I've said always steady and reliable and had a good game, has he slept with your bird or something (always after him)! fusco and pabz deserve a lot more credit than your giving them I feel, both playing out of position and looked comfortable , ford meh, graham had a 10 min spell that was it, dale worked hard still poor on the ball Jacko battled away on his own up top missing a trouten/link man with the midfield, Caldwell isn't the answer, I expected far more from raith than they showed, nothing to fear or lose in fife, slangs we agree on nothing that clear but if you pay your money your entitled to your opinion, your wrong tho ;)

23 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

What s the parking like near the ground ?

Plenty near the prom or could try Beveridge park. Would get there early ish though as could be a big crowd (by our standards)

18 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Where is the nearest pub ? Last time we walked about a mile to find one. 

The Estuary is nearest but not the best. Novar Bar or Penny Farthing likely your best shout. But again both likely to be pretty busy. Both 10 mins from ground.

14 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Which pub are all the Brechin fans headed to? Need to head along and learn all the chants before the main event.

You ll hear us at the end :whistle... ha ha ..Na joking we ve done well to fall over the line and make play offs so i think todays game a step too far but at least its not over by first leg as usual ... Damned annoying thing is our luck injury and suspension wise when we do make play offs we re always down to barebones ... Looking forward to a day out as longs we dont shame ourselves on the pitch ill be happy .. 

Archived