Brechin City v Raith Rovers - There And Back Again

Got to disagree about Craig Barr being brutal, thought he was pretty solid. Davo was brutal. Also thought Skacel wasn't as terrible as made out - he did more than Hardie did when he replaced him.

M'Voto's goal being chalked off was harsh - keeper flapped at it and missed. Ref never blew until the ball was in the net. He also let any amount of holding/shoving/shirt-pulling go in the rest of the park. Couldn't tell about the offside disallowed goal due to my angle.

One of the highlights of the match was when Beni pinged one of the Brechin players in the face.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

All comes down to attitude and mentality for me. Brechin worked far far harder than us. Davidson in particular was second to every ball in the middle of the park. Again though, there were 2 or 3 players completely ignoring what Hughes and Easton were asking them to do.

I'm sure you've said this a few times before now - which players are ignoring instructions? Same ones as before?

It doesn't create a very good impression at all. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157681544035741 - A few snaps from last night.

As a complete neutral, that was a brutal 90 minutes to watch.  How on earth Raith released Ryan McCord? It seems Raith are desperate for someone in the middle of the park who can play a pass and has some composure.  The ball seemed hoofed into the air every single time, apart from a 10 minute period when the players ran at the tiring Brechin defence. Fantastic strike from the free kick.

Andy Jackson's work rate and hustle impressed for Brechin, and Dodds have made them a hard team to break down.  They were working hard off the ball and Smith made two outstanding saves.   The goal was correctly ruled out, McManus looked back and made sure he tangled with Smith to allow M'Voto to win the ball.

Good luck to both sides on Saturday.  

IMG_5503 copy.jpg

I'm sure you've said this a few times before now - which players are ignoring instructions? Same ones as before?

I'd like to know who isn't listening and implementing Yogi/McBride/Easton's instructions as well.

About 6-8 weeks ago when Yogi spoke about players not listening to his instructions etc, we found out he was talking about Coustrain, McHattie and Bobby Barr.

1 has been released and the other 2 have now been unused subs the last few games, so I'm intrigued to know who isn't following instructions now..?

Wasn't there last night so can only go on what I've read here or from friends that were texting me updates. Must admit to feeling a bit miffed that we can't beat a team sitting 4th in the league below who had several key players missing. Could really have done with putting the tie to bed last night rather than now HAVING to win on Saturday. With our inability to break teams down Saturday will be an absolute shitfest of a game, one of those games I can see Brechin nicking 1-0*

*before people wade in with the "but you weren't there, how can you say that???", well because it's the Raith Rovers way. I really wouldn't be surprised if that was the outcome**

**I'll still be there. 

Mcmanus was being told to stay up and stop dropping back....before dropping well back and then mouthing off to the bench (although I thought he had a decent game)  and Yogi went fucking apeshit at Benedictus a few times for not getting forward enough.

Was interesting seeing the game from that vantage point. Hughes is certainly very direct....

Bene for not getting forward enough? I thought he was going forward far too much and not dropping back enough to be honest.. The same as Thomson on the other side. Both full backs were going forward at every opportunity and leaving Barr and M'Voto wide open.

McManus had a half decent game yesterday I thought. The midfield weren't exactly creating numerous chances all game so he took it upon himself to drop back every so often to help them out.. which was the right thing to do.

3 hours ago, invocr said:

Got to disagree about Craig Barr being brutal, thought he was pretty solid. Davo was brutal. Also thought Skacel wasn't as terrible as made out - he did more than Hardie did when he replaced him.

M'Voto's goal being chalked off was harsh - keeper flapped at it and missed. Ref never blew until the ball was in the net. He also let any amount of holding/shoving/shirt-pulling go in the rest of the park. Couldn't tell about the offside disallowed goal due to my angle.

One of the highlights of the match was when Beni pinged one of the Brechin players in the face.

Andy Jackson informs us that he has donated his shirt to Barr as he seemed to be trying the whole match to pull it off Jacko's back.

M'Voto went in elbows first  and the other goal was a combination of handball and offside. 

I think the apathy has set in with our fans. Showed last night that most thought it was a foregone conclusion and couldn't be arsed.    The diehards will be there though that is all that matters.  We believe in quality over quantity !!  ;):lol:

Just watched the highlights.

M'Voto's disallowed goal was probably correct, although for McManus fouling the keeper rather than Jock. Still can't quite see Skacel's. At the match I thought Brechin's pen was soft but decided I must have been wrong as was far away and people on here saying it was a stone-waller. Looks a dive to me. And how this isn't a penalty I don't know.

4 minutes ago, invocr said:

Just watched the highlights.

M'Voto's disallowed goal was probably correct, although for McManus fouling the keeper rather than Jock. Still can't quite see Skacel's. At the match I thought Brechin's pen was soft but decided I must have been wrong as was far away and people on here saying it was a stone-waller. Looks a dive to me. And how this isn't a penalty I don't know.

Yup looks like a dive. Mvoto hardly touches him and he goes down. Blatant hand ball as well.

As I said earlier, the referee was fucking shite. 

8 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Yup looks like a dive. Mvoto hardly touches him and he goes down. Blatant hand ball as well.

As I said earlier, the referee was fucking shite. 

Jacko had M'Voto turned and was through on goal. Why would he go down ?  His ankle was clipped .   You were right about the handball though.  Bloody hell ! 

I've watched the slow mo about four or five times now. Honestly hardly touches him. Also if he had stayed on his feet, Brennan would have got to the ball before him, so he went down and hoped for the best. All academic anyway. But I stand by my original conclusion that the referee was shite. 

Jacko had M'Voto turned and was through on goal. Why would he go down ?  His ankle was clipped .   You were right about the handball though.  Bloody hell ! 

You've got to be kidding hedge !!! The ball comes off the defenders leg and Jackson just hits the floor. Clear dive. We have had none , nada , f**k all penalties this season and the ones we get against , this and last week are a fucking joke. Same shite ref on Saturday as well ..

Archived