Montrose v Peterhead playoff

Riley shows McAllister how to dive properly. :whistle Thought there was more contact on Rory TBH but maybe because I was at that end.

Much better from us today and maybe Montrose had put all their effort into the first game. Liam Gordon got MOTM and he never allowed Templeman any room to play. The game was over before the red card but all credit to Montrose and their  supporters who gave everything they had.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/05/2017 at 20:17, OZMO said:

why was the initial offence not worthy of a card ??

mind you he also booked the "mercenary plumber" for....... errr......... diving in the first half

Referees at this level......... sheeesh 

the "initial" offence was a two footed tackle on Reilly which kicked it all off.  

Agree overall with the sentiment of the referees, there were a couple of bookings for Peterhead that I thought were harsh (one was a tug on a shirt) but twice Montrose players were left standing and took out the player with cynical challenges that resulted in a free-kick only.  Consistently inconsistent.

On 13/05/2017 at 20:40, blueone said:

Riley shows McAllister how to dive properly. :whistle Thought there was more contact on Rory TBH but maybe because I was at that end.

Much better from us today and maybe Montrose had put all their effort into the first game. Liam Gordon got MOTM and he never allowed Templeman any room to play. The game was over before the red card but all credit to Montrose and their  supporters who gave everything they had.

100% agree.  If we do end up in the same division next year, Montrose away is definitely a game I will be going to. 

The unfortunate thing would be that we would be back in the same division as the Clyde Galácticos and their supporters. :whistle

Archived