Greenock Morton v Dundee United, The Shanfest Part VI

Tbh it'd be depressing as f**k if we won the playoff. We'd end up getting pumped every week.
There's no danger that Rae would invest in upgrading the squad.

You don't need to worry, you's will get pumped.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

You don't need to worry, you's will get pumped.

The Squaller fans getting all cocky. It will be a return to your standard mediocrity next season son. You have had you three months of fun , now f**k off

The Squaller fans getting all cocky. It will be a return to your standard mediocrity next season son. You have had you three months of fun , now f**k off

[emoji23]

Not cocky at all. We've have a terrible season and still managed to avoid relegation against all the odds.

I suggest that you f**k off and gees piece [emoji3]

Tbh it'd be depressing as f**k if we won the playoff. We'd end up getting pumped every week.

Don't be fucking stupid. You always hear this crap wheeled out. This team will never survive blah blah blah...then come match day one it's unrecognisable from the last game of the previous season.

9 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Really? You would actually be depressed if we won the playoffs?. I know it is unlikely that we will win them and gain promotion, and yes, we would struggle big time in the top league, but surely, being a Ton fan that's where you want to be?

Why go and watch the team if you don't want to gain promotion? You would seriously be f'n depressed if we go up, maybe you would be better watching darts or something?

I remember the pumpings we took in the mid 80s in the top league, but at least we were there! And you never know, look what Hamilton; Ross co; Inveness etc have achieved.

Think Morton will win the first leg but Dundee United's home form is pretty good and I think will see them through and possibly against Falkirk as well.

This is what I fear. I was less than convinced by our two performances at DU and I can see the possibility of us losing by a couple of goals up there which would make it very tough in the second leg at TFS.

I think Falkirk v Morton would be pretty even but I would fancy our chances based on squad depth and the fact that we will have had a couple of games less to stumble through.

A bit worried by the cockiness of some of our fans on here. We have done very well but are hardly setting the heather on fire at the moment.

Don't be fucking stupid. You always hear this crap wheeled out. This team will never survive blah blah blah...then come match day one it's unrecognisable from the last game of the previous season.

Even if he was right, if you actively don't want your side playing at the highest level possible then you'd be as well just packing it in.

12 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Correct, . . . . . . . . .  Because he won't be here next season , a new beginning beckons.  :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

There is a thread in here somewhere amongst the crap posts from Falkirk and Dundee fans, I think. At least Falkirk have a stake in the result. Dundee's only stake in the result is their colossal and overwhelming obsession with the club for the other side of the street.

Still think we'll lose, unless we get a bit of luck or some helpful refereeing.

Settle yourself down. Biggie has posted twice, once mocking the cowshed aggro patter and I've posted once confirming that Greenock is stuck in the 70's. That's incredible levels of obsession with your mob.

The recent anniversary of The Doon Derby has clearly had a bad effect on you. Try to forget about it and focus on the play offs.

Spoiler

5910034175db8_images(55).jpg.a59307aa5a4af123d58937169752f913.jpg

This is what I fear. I was less than convinced by our two performances at DU and I can see the possibility of us losing by a couple of goals up there which would make it very tough in the second leg at TFS.

I think Falkirk v Morton would be pretty even but I would fancy our chances based on squad depth and the fact that we will have had a couple of games less to stumble through.

A bit worried by the cockiness of some of our fans on here. We have done very well but are hardly setting the heather on fire at the moment.

No one is setting the heather on fire.

Going to be about which team has greatest belief/mental strength/ bottle.

United painfully weak against these attributes but hope etc.

17 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Don't worry champ, there's absolutely fucking no chance of it happening. You lost three times in a row to the Pars - that makes up a quarter of our wins for the full season.

I actually fancy us to come through the Utd tie. It's Falkirk that concern me. I'm still hearing murmurs that Quitongo could feature during the playoffs despite Duffy saying on Radio Clyde he won't be rushed. What a boost that would be.

I think everyone is quite glad this isn't being televised. Both teams are absolutely awful.
Would it not be quicker to just play the Falkirk-United semi this week instead? 

I think that's unfair. We've certainly been awful recently but we played some fantastic football during the bulk of the season. The key is whether or not Duffy can find some way of rejuvenating the squad.

11 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

I actually fancy us to come through the Utd tie. It's Falkirk that concern me. I'm still hearing murmurs that Quitongo could feature during the playoffs despite Duffy saying on Radio Clyde he won't be rushed. What a boost that would be.

I'm not feeling too bad about the United games either. I'm actually very much looking forward to it. Although I'd imagine when tomorrow comes, I'll be shitting castles.

Archived