Greenock Morton v Dundee United, The Shanfest Part VI

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

That was the rumour. No idea how accurate it was.

Well, technically, the rumour was that he'd been offered a golden handshake. But then it was pointed out that that was against the rules, so it changed.

Weirdly, it's one of those rumours that only Morton fans seem to have heard.

I hope it's true: shows how serious we were about survival.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Well, technically, the rumour was that he'd been offered a golden handshake. But then it was pointed out that that was against the rules, so it changed.

Weirdly, it's one of those rumours that only Morton fans seem to have heard.

I hope it's true: shows how serious we were about survival.

I thought I read it on here from a st.mirren fan. I could be wrong though.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

I thought I read it on here from a st.mirren fan. I could be wrong though.

I think that's correct, but it was a 'there's a Morton fan at my work who says...' type of effort.

It's a fairly harmless rumour, tbh. If it helps Morton feel better about missing out on a target, then fine. There's an implication (not from you) that spending our way out of trouble is embarrassing. f**k that: It's what I'd expect any team of our size to do, in that position. 

(That said, the idea that we splashed the cash in January, by and large, is still a fallacy).

31 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think that's correct, but it was a 'there's a Morton fan at my work who says...' type of effort.

It's a fairly harmless rumour, tbh. If it helps Morton feel better about missing out on a target, then fine. There's an implication (not from you) that spending our way out of trouble is embarrassing. f**k that: It's what I'd expect any team of our size to do, in that position. 

(That said, the idea that we splashed the cash in January, by and large, is still a fallacy).

Aye that rings a bell. 

Have to say I agree with you. Nothing wrong with dangling an extra incentive in front of players. If our board had done the same with Loy rather than brought in Donnelly and shankland our season could have ended differently. 

19 hours ago, LargsTON said:

I gave my Dad my pocket money in 1988 to stick a bet on Morton not returning to the premier league for 30 years. I'll be a rich man next May emoji12.png

You should have thought that through before posting it, Sevco(I don't understand)TON! :whistle

9 hours ago, tonup9 said:

Whoever gets to the final will lose it.see you both next year

Hamilton are absolutely dreadful and will lose to any half-decent outfit. Whichever Championship side prevails will start as favourites in my book. Dundee United certainly looked stronger in the play-offs than in the second half of the season, albeit they weren't up against too much. I can see them putting the 'its impossible to play six games and win the play-offs' myth to bed. 

Falkirk fans will still find an entirely misplaced sense of injustice about something, because Falkirk.

Motherwell still have decent attacking options who could bail them out over two play-off ties; Hamilton have absolutely nothing about them to seriously concern Championship opponents. They won't be a pushover but lack quality all over the pitch. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Motherwell still have decent attacking options who could bail them out over two play-off ties; Hamilton have absolutely nothing about them to seriously concern Championship opponents. They won't be a pushover but lack quality all over the pitch. 

This may end up biting me on the arse, but I would far rather face Hamilton than Motherwell if we get that far. Moult's record this season has been excellent, and that wee shite Scott McDonald always scores against us.

Mind you, Hamilton took ten points off us last season, so who knows?

Until we got papped out this was my thinking. Motherwell are the team to avoid imo.

26 minutes ago, deano25ffc said:

More prize money than you ? More gate money than you ? More tv money than you ? And there's a big difference between 2 Nd 4? Or can you not count ?

Lolkirk! :lol:

Archived