Greenock Morton v Dundee United, The Shanfest Part VI

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Where did the Arabs get Kuate from? Thought he strolled it last night although our midfield seemed shit scared of him which didn't help our cause.

He was at Man City's academy but has since been fannying about in Greece not really playing. Looks a tidy player but not quite up to pace yet.

7 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

He was at Man City's academy but has since been fannying about in Greece not really playing. Looks a tidy player but not quite up to pace yet.

Thought he was United's best player last night. Don't fancy coming up against him once he's match fit and sharp!

6 hours ago, Alibi said:

Where's the best place to park on Friday night?  My son is driving up from Dumfries for the game and has no idea where he's going.

Just be careful Alibi, I got a parking ticket last time up there and thought I was legally parked in a side street to the east of the stadium. Will search around before parking on Friday.

What a fucking freak tertraballbag is.
Dem tears tho.....dem salty playoff tears :lol:

If anyone is an expert on salty playoff tears it is definitely a Hibs fan.

Duffy admitting in the local paper that he preferred to shitfest a 2-1 defeat in the closing stages rather than run the risk of conceding another by pushing forward. I'm completely unconvinced by that logic. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Duffy admitting in the local paper that he preferred to shitfest a 2-1 defeat in the closing stages rather than run the risk of conceding another by pushing forward. I'm completely unconvinced by that logic. 

It's annoying but I'd rather be going to Tannadice needing 1 goal to get us back in it rather than 2.

It's annoying but I'd rather be going to Tannadice needing 1 goal to get us back in it rather than 2.

Doesn't make sense.... if you go out attacking trying to get a goal back at tannadice you might lose another goal anyway, except you'll have less time to get 2 back?! [emoji23]

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Doesn't make sense.... if you go out attacking trying to get a goal back at tannadice you might lose another goal anyway, except you'll have less time to get 2 back?! emoji23.png

I took it that Duffy was only trying to shitfest it for the last 10 mins as we weren't creating any chances anyway and we were sitting so deep. Doing it for half an hour or so is shite but I didn't feel we were doing that at the time, we just let Flood and Kuate run the show. 

10 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

I get the logic but I don't like it an awful lot.

A one goal deficit was pretty much the tipping point for remaining in the tie I believe, so mibbe. Duffy's most important call this time is the team selection, and it's one that doesn't include Shanks in the in the starting line up. The fact he persisted with him for 80 minutes on Tuesday undoubtedly led to the situation where we were trying to hang on to a narrow defeat at the end. We need more mobility up front which Oyenuga ( or even McDonagh would give us) I also hope Nesbitt is fit again. If so, I'll predict a goal from him.

Archived