Greenock Morton v Dundee United, The Shanfest Part VI

4 hours ago, Scosha said:

I'd completely forgotten Gaston was out of contract this summer. I'd be fine for him to stay if it meant he'd be backup but I think he'll be signed for the number 1 jersey again. 

He's signed up until the end of next season I'm sure. 

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

He's signed up until the end of next season I'm sure. 

I could be wrong but I seem to recall him signing a 2.5 year deal whilst we were in League 1 meaning it's surely at the end this season?

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

A few seasons in the early to mid 80s from memory. Andy Ritchie and Rowan Alexander era.

Andy Ritchie was a fantastic player even if he did make the likes of Gary Harkins look like Usain Bolt.

7 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Andy Ritchie was a fantastic player even if he did make the likes of Gary Harkins look like Usain Bolt.

:lol:......harsh but true.Could have done with big Andy last night.

53 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If Morton can score first then I fancy their chances. Crowd after a pretty turgid season are then bound to get on DU's back and lets face it there's far more pressure on them than the Greenock boys. DU's home record though would say that they should be able to do enough.

Agree with the first part. We have nothing to lose and have to go for it. Score an early goal and the home crowd will get restless. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm confident we can come away from this with the result we need.

4 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Falkirk fans crowdwanking on Twitter :lol: They really are a strange bunch. 

Not as strange as the ginger weirdo in the away end last night who was jumping about caressing his hair every time I looked over. WTF was that all about? :o 

Not as strange as the ginger weirdo in the away end last night who was jumping about caressing his hair every time I looked over. WTF was that all about? [emoji33] 

That's just Simon Murray standing on the touchline.

I think it's fair to say that Dundee United were shockingly bad in the first half, better in the second, but at no point were either team actually good. Morton caused D U trouble every time they tried to play football, but sadly spent most of the time pumping balls up to Shankland and were second to every ball throughout the whole game. 

I saw nothing to suggest they could turn it around, but if DU play against Falkirk the way they played last night their tie will be over 

Hope we have a good traveling support for Friday.the Morton club and Albert buses are full.Are there other buses going to the match.

Tbh I'm surprised the club aren't assisting with travel for what are very expensive games after a long season. All buses are full and there's likely to be hundreds wanting seats that can't get now. Hats off to the governing bodies again for moving the game.

Where's the best place to park on Friday night?  My son is driving up from Dumfries for the game and has no idea where he's going.

North Ellen Street is where I park. Usually quiet and 5 minute walk tops.

Obviously we're not out of it, my comment was based on the hypothetical (likely) outcome that United go through to meet Falkirk. Ya fud.

Apologies for the fud comment. I'm just fed up with the defeatist attitude amongst our support.

Apologies for the fud comment. I'm just fed up with the defeatist attitude amongst our support.

I actually said that to my dad last night, with folk wandering out with 10 minutes to go and the general atmosphere of negativity. Disappointed after the first half performance engendered such hope, but 1-0 up there takes us to extra time and that's hardly out of the question.

I still believe!

1 minute ago, LargsTON said:

It's hardly a surprise that people have no confidence going into this. Dundee United have a lead they're likely to try to hold on to by shitfesting, we're poor at breaking teams down even when they're not trying to hold onto a lead, and most significantly we're now on our longest winless run in 17 years.

It's hardly a surprise that people have no confidence going into this. Dundee United have a lead they're likely to try to hold on to by shitfesting, we're poor at breaking teams down even when they're not trying to hold onto a lead, and most significantly we're now on our longest winless run in 17 years.

Case in point. We all know the circumstances surrounding the game but our whole season lives or dies over these games so f**k it. Baws oot and give it hell for leather on and off the park!

3 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Case in point. We all know the circumstances surrounding the game but our whole season lives or dies over these games so f**k it. Baws oot and give it hell for leather on and off the park!

Oh aye, I'll still be there on Friday giving it laldy when the game comes, but I'm also not going to kid myself about the likely result just now.

Archived