CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Some people on here need to get real.It was a preseason friendly in which for the bulk of the second half we had 7/8 trialists on.Some of these guys probably wouldn't recognise each other in the street.Plenty of time to get things organised.

I agree but I suppose there will always be interest in how the new players looked/performed. That's why I went along to the game.

I don't think anyone sensible will make judgements on how successful the team will be based on a friendly.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 5mins from my gaff not for me today

I.ll still be at berwick on a tuesday night or hoping to hang on to any hope. Days of mallan n martin scott up front v brechin on a tue nght at firhil actually now sounds no that bad.

Roll on life n no regrets,Keeping our young div should be the clubs main aim and build around em..

5 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Suprised some of our lot werent suckin aff DD...One min a so called clyde man. Next day CEO at Albion rovers.....

Best laugh I've had all day other than McLaughlin going past a Clyde player. He's a Rangers man hence the BF love in. Still not worked out his fascination for community Clubs though!  

Just to add. Our trialist keeper was very vocal guiding the defence well then was openly blaming them for everything including it seemed his own positioning. Flynn isn't fit enough yet and Gormley was blowing out his arse before being hooked. Didn't look terrible first half but then again neither did Rovers!

Today was only a preseason friendly and everything, good or bad, must be taken with a large pinch of salt. Having said that I'll analyse it anyway.

From the midfield forwards we played well in the first half. Once he took 5-10 minutes to get his positioning sorted, Nicol made more interceptions in 30 minutes that practically any Clyde player in the whole of last season. The worry with him will always be fitness and injuries but he put himself about well for 45 minutes today.

As has been said, Goodwillie was good in the first half but too isolated in the second half and often ended up being crowded out. Flynn and Miller also put in solid but not spectacular performances while on the pitch.

I've no idea what people saw in Breslin. By coming on to a game, I can only assume people mean he didn't look completely awful by the end. McNiff on the other hand did look completely awful. To be fair the defence, arguably more than any other area of the pitch, does need time for players to get to know each other and get organised. Agree with Sao Paulo that Vitoria has caused us a lot of problems every time he has played us, regardless of QP and Arbroath fans not rating him, so wasn't surprised he did that again today.

The keeper in the first half (Neil something?) was overweight and not remotely sharp enough to play football just now. Couldn't learn anything as to whether he is actually a decent keeper when fit. The keeper in the second half had pretty much nothing to do except pick the ball out of the net once, so couldn't judge him either.

You always except there will be lots of subs in friendlies, and Chapman would have wanted to see how the trialists got on, but I thought changing the entire midfield plus Gormley within the first 10 minutes of the second half was not the way to do it, and it took us a long time to settle and start playing football again after that.

I thought the number 20 who came on at right central midfield was Ronan Sweeney, one of our youth players, though if it was he's taller than I thought so not entirely sure. Pretty sure McColm was not involved, if he was I didn't recognise him.

Pre season friendlies means diddly squat they really should be played behind closed doors and give us all peace
Total waste of time going to watch
Under John Brown we played Hibs beat them 3 0 went on to one of the worst seasons in living memory . Apparently we changed almost an entire team second half with trialists and that concludes the case for the prosecution

4 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Erm. Victoria was a bang average player for arbroath n QP.

Saw him for EK in play off and he terriosed cowden defence himself.. If we appointed Lauchlan that lad would have came for less wages at albion as like DG Lauchie gave the lad a chance & brought him on leaps..Lets just hope chapman has a cpl of players willing to sign n play for him..

Regardless of a pointless friendly next season going to be mega hard but we need to support em even more than before..

Just hope DG doesnt get fed up with quality of team mate my main worry

That's absolute nonsense, Victoria was tearing up the lowland league for EK long before Lauchie came, if anything he wasn't as good under him as he was under Ogilvie before him..but whatever suits your agenda 

That's absolute nonsense, Victoria was tearing up the lowland league for EK long before Lauchie came, if anything he wasn't as good under him as he was under Ogilvie before him..but whatever suits your agenda 

Ooft hit a nerve there, Can only call what i saw and after all this aint an EK thread though big difference in final league positions of both BG and ML was there not?,

It's one pre season game where we played about 8 trialist's so what can you take from it . Not a lot I would suggest , the score / performance doesn't concern me per se. What is a concern is only having 13 fit players signed if would appear to me as if it's back to the Duffy years scrambling about at the last minute to sign players at at the bottom reaches of the game , it isn't surprising the new chairman made it crystal clear at the fans meeting finances at shot to shit .Mind you he saw that as a positive which worries me even more.
Just going to have to hope Chapman and co can come up with 5 / 6 decent signings on the cheap for the stsrt of the league campaign which is a tall order. As for the finances at the club and the general state well think we know where the responsibility for that rests.

Just going to have to hope Chapman and co can come up with 5 / 6 decent signings on the cheap for the stsrt of the league campaign which is a tall order.

Annan supporters might be better placed to say this however I remember them saying exactly the same on here about this time last season, only for Chapman to bring in a load of guys from EduSport (where he/has worked) and it turned out well for them. Could something similar be in the pipeline for Clyde?

Chapman no.longer involved in Edusport im led to believe. Posted up.last night would be happy with 5th (or obv above if at all possible) & still stand by that thought.

Loan plsyers perhaps the main plan its whether u end up with a stevie may or Aidan mcilduff type(s) and just hope David goodwille doesnt get frustrated with quality beside him & call it a day with us

Chapman no.longer involved in Edusport im led to believe. Posted up.last night would be happy with 5th (or obv above if at all possible) & still stand by that thought.

Loan plsyers perhaps the main plan its whether u end up with a stevie may or Aidan mcilduff type(s) and just hope David goodwille doesnt get frustrated with quality beside him & call it a day with us

Would imagine DGW will score a right good few before Xmas and be away in the January window with the club getting a small fee

As said just need to wait and see how it pans out . All you need in this league is two or three good signings and you can challenge for the league no problem.

Fingers toes crossed [emoji106]

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Would imagine DGW will score a right good few before Xmas and be away in the January window with the club getting a small fee

When did the club get anything other than a. Small fee or no fee????

Archived