CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Should’ve stuck with Chapman. Good bunch of those players made the play offs last season with the right guidance.
We had Chapman. We used those players. It was shite.

I don't care what they were like for Annan. I'm only concerned with Clyde.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do we never sign midfield playmakers?

The only time we've played decent football over these dreadful years is when we had Easton in midfield.

That's the guy innes hasn't seen play and didn't know what age he was
Mind you the same guy thought Chapman was a manager and you don't need a decent budget to get out this league

I guess that was his initial thoughts when he first arrived surely his eyes have been opened by now.

Really we are sitting as the second worse team in Scotland won't even go into the record of the team this season ( well documented ) but the club is going to make the people of north Lanarkshire healthier with a river of good just what I wanted to hear [emoji106]

On 14/01/2018 at 18:02, cfcuk said:

That's the guy innes hasn't seen play and didn't know what age he was
Mind you the same guy thought Chapman was a manager and you don't need a decent budget to get out this league

Someone told me recently all ex annan players are on a bigger wage with us than at annan.. and actually over the budget, worrying stuff 

1 hour ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Someone told me recently all ex annan players are on a bigger wage with us than at annan.. and actually over the budget, worrying stuff 

As Clyde's playing budget is @£35k more than Annan's that is very likely to be the case. It was rumoured that Matty Flynn and Martin McNiff doubled their wages but they were pre the arrival of Innes and this season's reduced budget. 

Cuddihy, Ramsay, Wright, Osadalor and Stewart were unlikely to be the higher earners at Galabank last season where the Annan team that reached the play-offs had the more experienced Weatherson, Skelton, McKenna, Watson, Swinglehirst in its ranks along with the talented Omar and QoS loanee Smith.

Calum Home, Pinio and Jordan Brown were all on amateur contracts.

With the majority of Clyde's budget committed to the existing squad members that were retained, it was no shock to see Easton's wage used up on two/three players, with budget getting very tight towards the end of the summer window then it wouldn't be a surprise if the original budget is indeed over. 

Some new money must have been made available for the latest additions in the current window, it  is also a possibility that a good bit of that might be getting paid to a player who is suspended, I'm not confident the PFA would support wages being witheld. 

If we don't hurry up and start signing players soon who are better than the mince we already have just now then we are going to finish bottom of the league of that I have no doubt, I believe even Cowdenbeath will beat us. It is a sad day when  you turn up a game and don't believe you can win and is an even sadder day when you turn up and you don't even believe you are capable of scoring a goal.

I agree that the Chairman needs to start talking in simple terms. I need to read over and over any statement to separate the wheat from the chaff.

You state he hasn't put in money. Does his company not sponsor the away strip?

You also state that he runs the club without any regard to what anyone says. Can you give some examples of him going against the majority of the other board members that the members elected?

Did he really treat JP and Peaso like shit or did he just not employ them as permanent managers?
There's a big difference between the two.

As for being the most hated club in Scotland, we don't even register on the consciousness of most fans in Scotland.

Archived