CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Only thing left for me to avoid trying things over and over.
Send the new chairman over to convince Red Bull that we should join their stable of clubs.

Selling points are it will cost a fraction of Salzburg, Leipzig or NY and you get massive publicity for beating the Old Firm in 5 years time.
Sorted

They will want to call the club RB Clyde though. Imagine the size of the thread for that one.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will want to call the club RB Clyde though. Imagine the size of the thread for that one.

Think you could get that one voted tgrough after all EK Clyde got voted on a stadium that didn't exist
Just tell them the club will die if they don't [emoji16]

And no I'm not letting it go

Every association from golf to football clubs rely's on membership. Funding and support. As one of these esp lower scale whats the biggy about asking for the above. Douglas supported n bolted. Others have talked about funding and that was it.. All about the game indeed

Arbroath , east Fife, Albion Rovers , alloa all got promoted without external funding ?
If your waiting on fans to finance a promotion then you better get used to Div 2 football in perpetuity fact

200 club.....Clyde generation top....executive club...etc
Have the board no contacts to bring in money????

You can only fleece the support for so long.
Takes me back to the bad days at Broadwood when Clyde were on their knees and we were paying through the gate on top of having a season ticket.

Have Clyde progressed as a club.?
I think not sadly .

200 club.....Clyde generation top....executive club...etc
Have the board no contacts to bring in money????

You can only fleece the support for so long.
Takes me back to the bad days at Broadwood when Clyde were on their knees and we were paying through the gate on top of having a season ticket.

Have Clyde progressed as a club.?
I think not sadly .

Fans doing their bit time for guys in charge to get external funding into club hopefully innes can deliver

I think it's a rarity for any team in the lower divisions not to put the squeeze their fans financially (and emotionally)

I agree that hopefully we can gain more external income but I never forsee the day that the fans won't be asked for more.

Kerr Waddell is beginning to breakthrough into our first team. How was he for you guys?

Made a couple of really bad mistakes first couple of games that cost us goals and was a bit raw , but aggressive centre half attacks the ball really and looked a good young player good on the ball got potential

Kerr Waddell is beginning to breakthrough into our first team. How was he for you guys?

The goalkeeper we had gourlay was a smashing young goalkeeper kicking needs to improve , but all round terrific prospect[emoji106]

The goalkeeper we had gourlay was a smashing young goalkeeper kicking needs to improve , but all round terrific prospect[emoji106]

And a smashing guy gave his gloves to young Clyde fan after his last game against Montrose [emoji122]

I didn't think his feet were quick enough. Think there were a few examples of that today as well. I will be forever grateful for his performance on the final day at Montrose though where his performance was colossal. Did as much as anyone that day to ensure we got the point we wanted.

Gourlay was great. Looked like a goalkeeper, which is hard to explain what I mean. His footwork, positioning, handling all seemed absolutely textbook. I'd say he's got a better chance longer term, even if it's generally tougher for goalkeepers.

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Cracking big CH, aggressive , good in the air and a big whole hearted player. As said made a couple of massive errors in his first few games but he learned from his mistakes and was solid from then onwards. Gourley was also fantastic for us, without them and Goodwillie we would most likely have been relegated to the Lowland league. Good luck to both of them in the future.

How was he? You're lucky to have him.
Wish we had him back for good.
Despite his errors in his early games you could see he had great potential.
Good luck in his career and thanks.

John Anderson as Supporter Liaison Officer eh? Not a role anyone would envy at this club...
"Contestant One, you will go on my first whistle!..."
JA.jpg.10c7397e1c91fa67c8090d5380c4dc38.jpg

Negativity already and the guy is hardly started in the role tut tut !!

Archived