CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

If you win 7-0 on Saturday, you're definitely in the play-offs, regardless of what happens at Forthbank.

If you win 6-0 and Stirling and Stenny draw 2-2, I believe you and the Warriors will become the first clubs in Scottish football to be separated by head-to-head record*

*Clyde and Stenny have five points each but Stenny have the better goal difference H2H.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy to point to a game here & there that could ultimately cost us, but the truth is the first 4 months cost us until we got a real management team in.

Argument to say his best achievement so far were the early 0-0 draws because he'd inherited a team completely void of confidence, shipping goals left, right & centre and losing each week.  With the same players, before he got his own in during January, he steadied them and built a bit of belief to then develop.

On Saturday, first of all we need to beat Berwick and I don't think our home record against them is exactly stellar, so any kind of win is the target then realistically can only hope that the Stirling of around 2 months ago turns up.   Obviously it would have been better if Berwick won last night meaning Stenny would need to win on Saturday to make sure, but who knows, now they've two options, sometimes it's easier to play when only one result will do, might play into Stirling's hands.

If we win on Saturday we'll either get in the playoffs or miss out on goal difference.  Either is some achievement given where we were so late into the season in December.  

We should forget about going gung ho for 6 goals leaving our back door open.

Berwick have been a problem for is this season with only one win for us (won with a last minute dodgy penalty), one loss and a goalless draw.
We've only scored two goals in total in all those games.

The priority is the win and we should let goal difference take care of itself.

Yip, two matches. No surprise given his disgraceful booking record.
A blessing in disguise. As SP says, playing him and Grant takes a bit away from McStay's game. We need to try and run over the top of Berwick so Cuddihy starting instead seems a no brainer.

Suspended is he? That will be news to him. My excellent source tells me he is ready to roll come Saturday.

Easy to point to a game here & there that could ultimately cost us, but the truth is the first 4 months cost us until we got a real management team in.
Argument to say his best achievement so far were the early 0-0 draws because he'd inherited a team completely void of confidence, shipping goals left, right & centre and losing each week.  With the same players, before he got his own in during January, he steadied them and built a bit of belief to then develop.
On Saturday, first of all we need to beat Berwick and I don't think our home record against them is exactly stellar, so any kind of win is the target then realistically can only hope that the Stirling of around 2 months ago turns up.   Obviously it would have been better if Berwick won last night meaning Stenny would need to win on Saturday to make sure, but who knows, now they've two options, sometimes it's easier to play when only one result will do, might play into Stirling's hands.
If we win on Saturday we'll either get in the playoffs or miss out on goal difference.  Either is some achievement given where we were so late into the season in December.  

Absolutely every team could look back on particular games . As said the first 4 months and a disastrous managerial appoint set us back a mile in Chase for a play-off To take it to the last game with still a chance of the play offs is a remarkable achievement by the management and players . Even if we don't make the play offs they will get a terrific reception at the end .

Real tall order to beat any team in this league 6 0 as you say concentrate on winning the game first and foremost

In all seriousness the prospect of scoring 3+ goals in this league is pretty much non existent, no evidence to suggest that Berwick will shift that many. If we win on Saturday then that is first objective we are not guaranteed to do that let alone score a barrow load.

Hope springs eternal and all that but I am delighted just to be in this position, from Sept - November this season I was convinced that relegation was inevitable. Hopefully bigger than normal crowd on Saturday and we all enjoy another victory, then see what happens.  

suspensions.thumb.png.1ad61c5edf9bd93ba290fe2bd70d5357.png

If this is the case then I am indeed shocked.

My contact may have given me the proverbial bum steer!

I too was searching for corroborative evidence via the suspension listings but found none.

When I next contact my “ Shallow Oesophagus”, I’ll be sure to ask for proof that I can reveal, with 100% certainty, any dressing room news I am given.

Like yourself, David, as a printed journalist I cannot, nor will not, reveal my source.

Let’s wait and see.

42 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

The people on here who seem to be glad our club captain is suspended on Saturday should hang their heads in shame. He is the clubs captain and if Danny has him in this role he will be missed.

Agreed, disgusting.

[Other words].

Nicoll has been excellent in particular since turn of the year
Will be a miss on Saturday
As for fans celebrating him messing that's up to them
Mind you it's the same people who continually tell Danny Lennon he has picked the wrong team e.g Saturday against Edinburgh [emoji23]

Yip, two matches. No surprise given his disgraceful booking record.
A blessing in disguise. As SP says, playing him and Grant takes a bit away from McStay's game. We need to try and run over the top of Berwick so Cuddihy starting instead seems a no brainer.

Surprised that someone who reports games for the the official club programme celebrates the club captain being suspended

Archived