CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Everybody expects a pay increase don't they.

A lot of people work in areas where this isn’t a realistic expectation. In fact if I worked for a company that had managed 6 months good performance in the last decade asking for a pay rise would take some brass neck.

£14 for any match at this level is daylight robbery. You can justify it however you like by trivialising the amount extra being added on but the simple fact is the product is ridiculously overpriced. After the utter pish we have been served up in recent years whacking up the price at all is a slap in the face.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unbelievable no matter the result tonight we still go into the last game with a chance( no matter how slim) of reaching the play offs On and off the pitch things are looking positive

And what do we get moaning about season tickets going up my a miniscule amount and a quid increase on walk up.

Genuine question, are you bipolar?

A lot of people work in areas where this isn’t a realistic expectation. In fact if I worked for a company that had managed 6 months good performance in the last decade asking for a pay rise would take some brass neck.

£14 for any match at this level is daylight robbery. You can justify it however you like by trivialising the amount extra being added on but the simple fact is the product is ridiculously overpriced. After the utter pish we have been served up in recent years whacking up the price at all is a slap in the face.

Genuine question you annoyed the team is doing well ?

That Berwick would take something from Stenny tonight was predictable. There's every reason for Stirling and Stenny to reach an, ahem, agreeable scoreline on Saturday. Both will fancy playing each other again before they play us.

Encouragement? Stirling are a wounded animal, playing at home, on a surface that favours the way they play. Stenny's legs will be the heavier and their squad is threadbare.

Discouragement? Stirling will only be concerned not to take a hiding; the stronger incentive to win is with Stenny. At Broadwood, Berwick's legs ought to be the heavier. If we play like it's a cup final? I actually do think we could dish out a hiding.

Bit of anticipation but, eh? No' bad for where we were around in early winter time.

I know we've done well to get to last game with a bit of hope. but what's really frustrating is knowing we have been the best side in this league for 5mths and we can point to losing at Cowden 3, weeks ago and all the times chapmans team failed to hold 2, goal leads it only makes it harder to take especially it stenny and Stirling play out a tame draw 

Agreed. Not sure we could've played the recent Cowden or Peterhead games any differently mind.

It's Stirling at Forthbank (2-1) and Peterhead midweek (2-1) that we'll most rue if things don't go our way on Saturday, I expect. We could've handled those differently. Then again, without the injuries that we incurred through those games, we probably wouldn't be playing with the comparably solid back-four we now are; that'd have lost us points elsewhere.

Luxury complaints though. Been a cracking comeback.

Give a scenario to Goodie, Mcstay, Grant, Boyle, Lamont etc and there should be goals. If we can be three ahead of Montrose at half one a few weeks ago why not the same against our relatives from Berwick who want to see us reach it. 

Nicoll's been very important against Berwick this season, actually. As they've occasionally put up a right scrap in midfield. Need to trust Lennon's judgement there, but I'd be thinking about benching him. We need all the dynamism we can muster if we want a rout. Being as it's Broadwood, with the big-pitch and our plastic surface, and given their heavy legs, I'd almost certainly bench Nicoll.

As with last week, you want Cuddihy, Lamont, McStay, Boyle, Grant and Goodie on the park. McStay's style is a little cramped by Nicoll, too. Lennon should be setting McStay up to boss it on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Clydeontheup said:

Nicol Suspended I believe.

Yip, two matches. No surprise given his disgraceful booking record.

A blessing in disguise. As SP says, playing him and Grant takes a bit away from McStay's game. We need to try and run over the top of Berwick so Cuddihy starting instead seems a no brainer.

Archived