CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Using my shit memory:

Manager doesn't like 3-5-2

Wee Fergie wasn't as fit as the manager hoped at this time of the season.

Lennon thinks colts will bring more income/crowds but doesn't like the disruption it would bring to league.

He thinks Currie has upped his game since Gourlay was signed on loan.

He thinks players underperformed earlier in the season.

Good team spirit at club.

Not a good thing if Lennon thinks colts WILL bring more income/crowds to the league.  Thought the statement from Clyde the other day had put that to bed. Your manager would be entitled to his opinion but would suggest he needs reminding that the club have said they would be against it as hopefully most of your support would be.

Not a good thing if Lennon thinks colts WILL bring more income/crowds to the league.  Thought the statement from Clyde the other day had put that to bed. Your manager would be entitled to his opinion but would suggest he needs reminding that the club have said they would be against it as hopefully most of your support would be.

He did follow it up by saying that when thinking g about other factors though (he competition and possible teams finishing 2nd or 3rd going up) doesn’t sit well with him. He was kind of on the fence I thought.

Bar 58 has a new location for the match tomorrow. Is this going to be a constant thing or will it then be moved back upstairs, anyone know?

Interesting to see what it'll be like but i must say i did enjoy being able to watch the teams warm up whilst having a drink in hand & the being able to just walk into the stand!

1 hour ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Bar 58 has a new location for the match tomorrow. Is this going to be a constant thing or will it then be moved back upstairs, anyone know?

Interesting to see what it'll be like but i must say i did enjoy being able to watch the teams warm up whilst having a drink in hand & the being able to just walk into the stand!

Pretty sure it’s a permanent thing now it being moved under the stand

Even better years ago when you could watch the GAME from the club.

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I see Gourlay has thus far struggled to break into your team. Disappointing as there were hopes that he could go on to be our next first choice.

I still really rate Gourlay after his performances last season. The problem for him just now is that Currie has improved a lot since Lennon’s came in, and there’s been no reason to drop him 

Gourley  has been unlucky, our regular keeper has not put a foot wrong since Gourley arrived , previously he was calpable for many of the goals we had conceeded but with winning 5 games in a row it will be hard to break into the team atm.  We know Gourley is a fine keeper from his performances last season and imo he is the better keeper of the 2 but that is just the way things are just now, who knows maybe he will get his chance at some point and we would be in safe hands with Gourley.

Interesting to note since Munro went back to Forfar we’ve won 5 and lost 1 game. Conceding 6 (3 in one game) apart from the Stenhousemuir game our defence has still improved weird as I thought Munro was helping us hold it together but great to see Lennon and Moore already showing signs of great man management. Currie, Lamont, Cuddihy, Nicoll all look to have significantly improved in such a short period.

Great result and while now expected as recently as a few weeks ago that fixture would have been viewed with trepidation. What a difference a few weeks make......

Next week's the big one. Win next week and the gap for play-offs is down to 9-10 points with a game in hand and anything is possible- lose and it has still been a great transformation but realistically it is consolidating for the charge next year. 

Re some of the other comments on this board I would be fairly confident Lennon will stay next season (I have no inside knowledge) as I  think he has integrity and guts. I don't think he would have taken the role, which certainly surprised some, just for a few months, particularly if the  downward spiral has been broken and he can see a definite rebuilding. Clyde probably have more potential than any other League  1/2 team relative to their current position (perhaps outside Ayr and Raith) and I suspect he will think he can turn it round. He certainly has the record/ connections to do so.

As for Goodwillie- who knows. As others have pointed out he could easily play at the top level and I wouldn't be surprised to see Dundee Utd offer him a chance, given his past form there. Lets hope not as he is a brilliant banker for 20+ goals a season with great footballing attitude. Either way he has done the club a massive service and there would be a decent fee.

Good to see the gate up by perhaps a couple of hundred too which is a lot in percentage terms- things seem to be moving in the right direction at last.

8 hours ago, clyde_darren said:

Interesting to note since Munro went back to Forfar we’ve won 5 and lost 1 game. Conceding 6 (3 in one game) apart from the Stenhousemuir game our defence has still improved weird as I thought Munro was helping us hold it together but great to see Lennon and Moore already showing signs of great man management. Currie, Lamont, Cuddihy, Nicoll all look to have significantly improved in such a short period.

I though Munro initially was a terrific addition and to be fair he was. We were so poor at the back he was what we needed, backs to the wall and a siege defender did a great job and quite rightly won a few MOM.  However, it was obvious that when Lennon came in and is trying to play a bit of football then he actually struggled the last couple of game with us; lack of real pace and poor distribution was evident.. 

Better player than McNiff?  Probably and would I have been happy if he stayed?  again yes, but I also think there are big limitations to his game outside his obvious fantastic attitude and thE fact he puts his head on everything.  In a back four set up in a different way to what Lennon is looking for he is an asset.  

Archived