CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, hopefully that won't be the case - now we've got a manager who might just have a clue what he's doing.

It'll take time to turn things round, and a bit of positive support might just help to speed it along.

Last home game, I heard the following encouragement given to one of our subs as he was preparing to come on - "Why don't you f**k off back to Firhill, you wee Thistle pr**k".  This was to a player wearing our jersey, before he'd even kicked a ball.

I also heard the "banter" between a couple of our "supporters" and our keeper. I'm intrigued how telling him, very loudly, that he's "sh**e and we could get anybody from a public park who would do better is going to help him or the team.

I know only too well how bad things have been recently, but actually supporting the team rather than hurling personal insults has more chance of seeing things improve.

28 minutes ago, clyde4ever said:

Well, hopefully that won't be the case - now we've got a manager who might just have a clue what he's doing.

It'll take time to turn things round, and a bit of positive support might just help to speed it along.

Last home game, I heard the following encouragement given to one of our subs as he was preparing to come on - "Why don't you f**k off back to Firhill, you wee Thistle pr**k".  This was to a player wearing our jersey, before he'd even kicked a ball.

I also heard the "banter" between a couple of our "supporters" and our keeper. I'm intrigued how telling him, very loudly, that he's "sh**e and we could get anybody from a public park who would do better is going to help him or the team.

I know only too well how bad things have been recently, but actually supporting the team rather than hurling personal insults has more chance of seeing things improve.

100% agree.

We know we're not very good but how do think the players feel when they hear this kind of sh1te??

Good spirit shown last week at Montose, lets try and ncourage the team !!

MTBW. !

43 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Blair Malcolm who was on loan to Cowdenbeath this season from Ross County is a Clyde supporter, only 20 as well likely be a free agent soon 

Blair still is on loan at Cowden. I believe he’s been doing very well for them.

14 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Young left winger at training last night, possible loan move from League One team.

Don't have any further info yet as he has a couple of other options.

Do the team/manager of that team know DL well? 

We obviously need a defender and central midfielder just in terms of numbers, but another guy with a bit of pace wouldn't go amiss at all. That just opens up more space for Goodwillie.

12 hours ago, David W said:

Do the team/manager of that team know DL well? 

We obviously need a defender and central midfielder just in terms of numbers, but another guy with a bit of pace wouldn't go amiss at all. That just opens up more space for Goodwillie.

The boy is from Alloa, loan papers have been signed, just not sure if in time for the game today.

Adam Martin then? I see one of their fans saying he's on his way to another league club. Alloa fans seem to like him, got a bit of pace and trickiness. Might be good to get a wide player in with Love's potential ban.

1 minute ago, David W said:

Adam Martin then? I see one of their fans saying he's on his way to another league club. Alloa fans seem to like him, got a bit of pace and trickiness. Might be good to get a wide player in with Love's potential ban.

That's the lad.

Goodwin does rate him, but he's had limited opportunities this season, hopefully a good signing.

And he chose us over QP :thumsup2

He is a good wee player, tricky and creative. Did very well coming off the bench earlier in the season. Still developing though and will be interesting to see how he does with a run of games. Important for him to make an impact during  this loan spell and hopefully he will.

He is a good wee player, tricky and creative. Did very well coming off the bench earlier in the season. Still developing though and will be interesting to see how he does with a run of games. Important for him to make an impact during  this loan spell and hopefully he will.

Cheers

Archived