CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

You played really well yesterday beating top team Montrose. You boys destroyed them. You could really kick on from this and challenge for title next season. Montrose have been rotten past couple of years and it just shows how tight league is. A couple of good players in the right positions makes all the difference

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way this season has been I’d be delighted to finish midtable, brilliant result yesterday don’t want to be negative but we destroyed top of the league Stirling Albion and then didn’t win a game for about 13 games :lol: don’t see why this can’t be the turning point but pitty we have Peterhead next week who will be one of our toughest opponents all year 

On 1/21/2018 at 23:45, BullyWeeLad said:

The way this season has been I’d be delighted to finish midtable, brilliant result yesterday don’t want to be negative but we destroyed top of the league Stirling Albion and then didn’t win a game for about 13 games :lol: don’t see why this can’t be the turning point but pitty we have Peterhead next week who will be one of our toughest opponents all year 

Yeah its going to take more than one win to signal a turning point especially since we have been very quiet on the signing front this january. Suspect the hope now is to get to the end of the season and then start rebuilding again. At least we have a decent manager to do so this time.

Even taking out the issue that the majority of the player are poor; we actually have a pretty small squad now,  especially as Flynn is out long term and we are likely to lose Love for several games (Correctly too if guilty) at least.

Any more med to long term injury turns up then we will have even more problems.

3 hours ago, Castlemilk Clyde said:

Think if we were going to sign someone it would have been done by now

Our manager has talked about how difficult it has been to get players in this window and how little movement there's been across all the divisions. We're looking for 3 more apparently. Looks like a lot of teams are holding out on releasing players to join other clubs, presumably to make sure they have replacements for them. Who'll blink first, it seems.

MacKay expects there to be a fair bit of action right at the e of the window. So, wouldn't despair yet.  

Mark burbridge has signed for kilbirnie ladeside. Good luck to the wee man. Never really got a chance at clyde imo.

Shame it didn't work out at Clyde. I don't think he was given enough of a chance.

I wonder, if we got a fee for him?

30 minutes ago, Bully Wee Charlie said:

Nearly the end of the window.  Gormley out, Lamont extension, Gourley loan.  Love in and looking at a lengthy suspension. Not a lot been happening in January. Even a rumour or two would cheer me up.

Guy that played wae Leicester in at training. Stevie  something 

Young left winger at training last night, possible loan move from League One team.
Don't have any further info yet as he has a couple of other options.
I hope Danny Lennon has others in mind to come in to centre half and central midfield positions. To me, that's the priorities.

3 hours ago, haufdaft said:
4 hours ago, macclyde+ said:
Young left winger at training last night, possible loan move from League One team.
Don't have any further info yet as he has a couple of other options.

I hope Danny Lennon has others in mind to come in to centre half and central midfield positions. To me, that's the priorities.

No, might not even happen, and also depends on what Lennon is looking for, budget etc

Archived