CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Currie had to be dropped. Came for across on sat in 2nd half im sure from a corner and was nowhere near it followed by looking for the ball like a drunk man chasing a balloon...

Most goalkeeping signings usually dont bring lot of excitement like an outfield player but had to happen , im happy now for a few more please In/Out if anyone want actually wants some of our lot

Edited: Wonder if we could get Waddell back for CH. Started for dundee earlier in season, Not sure if still getting his game.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Currie had to be dropped. Came for across on sat in 2nd half im sure from a corner and was nowhere near it followed by looking for the ball like a drunk man chasing a balloon...

Most goalkeeping signings usually dont bring lot of excitement like an outfield player but had to happen , im happy now for a few more please In/Out if anyone want actually wants some of our lot

Edited: Wonder if we could get Waddell back for CH. Started for dundee earlier in season, Not sure if still getting his game.

He's not first choice CH at the moment, but he's near the first team. He's probably 4th choice CH (Behind Hendry, Meekings and O'Dea). There are rumours about Hendry being sold to Celtic and O'Dea has had a torrid season. Without being disrespectful, if we were to loan Waddell out (Extremely unlikely), we'd be looking for him to get a first team game at a Championship club.

Gourlay really needs to make the most of this opportunity. He was on emergency loan at Airdrie and didn't make an appearance which is fair enough, but he's got the potential to break into our team (We have 2 keepers on 6 month contracts at the moment) and his reputation was such that he could go on to be our future number 1. He needs to put the performances in though as we've got another highly rated youth keeper in Callum Ferrie who was getting on the bench ahead of Gourlay.

1 minute ago, MOFOREVER said:

Well done Clyde today, no complaints. We needed a wake up call!

Remember last season the Mo were bottom at Christmas and ended in the top end play-offs. Clyde have work to do but why not?

Realistically we'd need 55-60 points. That'd be over 2.2 points per game; which is more than Montrose have got, and the same as what Peterhead have picked up. We've got no chance of coming close that. Remember, Montrose were helped by unprecedented collapses by ourselves (14 matches without a win) and Elgin (ended the season with 12 matches without a win).

I'd be happy with a win or two in the coming weeks to take us further clear of Cowden. Possibly look to catch Berwick. Anything more than that is unrealistic.

According to the article about colts in league two "It’s understood reps from all 10 League Two teams met with Celticand Rangers’ development chiefs Chris McCart and Craig Mulholland last weekend to discuss a two-year pilot scheme.”

Such a meeting with such an important issue being discussed doesn't seem to merit an entry in the club insight page.

I'll be furious of we're one of the 7 that have given the plan "encouragement”

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

According to the article about colts in league two "It’s understood reps from all 10 League Two teams met with Celticand Rangers’ development chiefs Chris McCart and Craig Mulholland last weekend to discuss a two-year pilot scheme.”

Such a meeting with such an important issue being discussed doesn't seem to merit an entry in the club insight page.

I'll be furious of we're one of the 7 that have given the plan "encouragement”

I might be imagining this, but I was under the impression Innes was totally against it.

Realistically we'd need 55-60 points. That'd be over 2.2 points per game; which is more than Montrose have got, and the same as what Peterhead have picked up. We've got no chance of coming close that. Remember, Montrose were helped by unprecedented collapses by ourselves (14 matches without a win) and Elgin (ended the season with 12 matches without a win).
I'd be happy with a win or two in the coming weeks to take us further clear of Cowden. Possibly look to catch Berwick. Anything more than that is unrealistic.

Yawn

Archived