CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

:lol:
Surely fucking not?  The average wage at Dumbarton is round about £320 p/w, it's incredible management if you've got Martin McNiff on a similar wage.

That’s the average though. Whereas McNiff sounds like he’s the best paid at Clyde.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard Mcniff is one of our highest earners with £300 per game, fuckin disgusts me

Bit of a joke if that’s true.

Would be interested to hear how much Goodwillie is on if Mcniff is one of the highest...

Wasn’t McGovern’s biggest fan last season (Didn’t say that to his face) but aye he is much better than what we have.

apparently Easton was on a double wage last season so anyone know our average wage ? I imagine he’d also be on about 300 as well

I don't think I've ever hated watching a Clyde player as much as I do with McNiff. It's not like he lacks ability - he's good in the air, decent at tackling and his actual distribution when he makes the right decision isn't that bad.

However, he almost never chooses the right pass and plays long aimless balls to no one. A wee tug on a players shirt is fine but McNiff makes it so incredibly obvious he gives referees no choice but to punish him. His lack of concentration and, his ability to let people run in behind him is staggering and, he has absolutely no interest in trying to anticipate other defenders mistakes and sweeping up behind them. Guys like Marsh and McQueen were never the best defenders but when one made a mistake the other would always be looking to cover for him. McNiff is only interested in playing for himself, not the team.

2 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

McNiff. It's not like he lacks ability - he's good in the air, decent at tackling and his actual distribution [...] isn't that bad.

Whit!?

There's been one game. One. Where he's demonstrated all of those abilities with any like a consistency or reliability. And that was last year, against Stranraer in the cup.

His jumps are timed well half the time; half the time they aren't. That's to say, he's not good in the air. He's timid compared to every other defender we have, Breslin aside. And his distribution is unremarkable. 

You've got to be kidding me...

Most of his mistimed jumps come from him reacting too late due to him not concentrating, not specifically poor aerial ability.

As in my second paragraph, his lack of reliability and consistency also comes from a lack of concentration and poor decision-making, not his abilities of the fundamentals.

I didn't claim his distribution was remarkable.

33 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Worrying that no one has been moved on so far.

At least we've still managed to hold onto Lamont, signed someone likely to be banned for half the remainder of the season and a centre half that we play in midfield.

And apart from the Lamont news a week ago absolutly no news, update, communication from the club on anything! Total silence, nothing on the "Club In sight" tab since December!  

Always worry when they put nothing out whatsoever. Not ever the usual rubbish like "guys know what is expected and buzzing at training".   Hatches well and truly battened down, so much for building bridges! Or am i being Nasty?

The reason he'll be on such a high wage is due to BF signing him on a 2 year deal & had originally planned for him to be the main man in defence. Sadly the boy is absolute guff & we are stuck with him until the end of the season.

As for Easton, he would have been on a lot more than £300 & what a waste of money that was. Don't understand supporters still going on about him.

Archived