CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Burbidge had a couple of good performances for us and a couple of poor ones, though the poor ones came when the whole team were playing poorly and were just humping the ball long. He looked like a natural winger who enjoyed playing tight to the touchline, instead of trying to cut inside constantly as many wingers do these days, and ideally I’d have liked to have seen more of him.

However, he apparently walked out on us after being subbed during a match and didn’t return to the club. During his time at Clydebank he also threatened to leave them when he was named on the bench for a cup match until they caved to his demands and started him. Having a player who wants to play every game is great but not if they can’t handle being dropped occasionally.

I am commenting on the above post to clear up a couple of points mentioned
Firstly Mark did not take the huff due to being subbed in the Montrose game and this is not why he left Clyde
Secondly, Mark loved his time at Clydebank where he played some of his best football and never once threatened to leave the club
I hope this clears up any inaccurate comments

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cfcuk said:

The relevance is that they have contributed nothing with some off the most appalling performances but still selected week on week thank goodness our new manager has at least dropped them at times
Think you need to drop the blind spot on these two particular cuddihy who can do no wrong in your eyes it's always another players fault. Maybe it's Nicol that's the problem well you blame him for everything else.

Let's look at comments from the Berwick game. These are the ones I made regarding that midfield trio;

with Berwick over-running the centre of the pitch and having time to play around Nicoll/Ramsay.  Soon changed back to the 352 and they died out the game completely again.

Nicoll shinned his pass 20 yards too far in front of him (Goodwillie)

Ramsay who was very poor today on the ball

As irrelevant as all three were in possession, Nicoll, Cuddihy and Ramsay didn't let much get past them and they covered each other well

To which you responded:

You honestly think cuhhidy and Ramsay played ok , you must be related to one or both they are perhaps the worst two midfielders in the league they contribute nothing and for the majority of the game hide

They are the first two that should be shown the door young guys who show no desire or effort but nice of you to have a dig at Nicol who basically carried the midfield

There's only one person with a blindspot/agenda here, who resorts to pointless hyperbole and generally making stuff up in order to try and pick a fight.

I'll give you the respect though of pointing out why those two (and Nicoll) have played regularly; it's because they've literally been the only three central midfielders we have since Miller/Flynn ended up leaving/injured. Cuddihy and Ramsay rightly missed a game apiece each with the new signings, and both (and Nicoll) will no doubt miss more in the future.

27 minutes ago, David W said:

Let's look at comments from the Berwick game. These are the ones I made regarding that midfield trio;

To which you responded:

There's only one person with a blindspot/agenda here, who resorts to pointless hyperbole and generally making stuff up in order to try and pick a fight.

I'll give you the respect though of pointing out why those two (and Nicoll) have played regularly; it's because they've literally been the only three central midfielders we have since Miller/Flynn ended up leaving/injured. Cuddihy and Ramsay rightly missed a game apiece each with the new signings, and both (and Nicoll) will no doubt miss more in the future.

yawn

From what I saw (home games only), Burbidge had ability and always looked to take on the fullback and get in a cross or shot.  I couldn't understand why he wasn't used more when our game (if you can call launching the ball upfield at every opportunity a "game") was crying out for that kind of approach.  Strange to sign him and not use those skills (especially with Goodwillie in the team) which suggests some other problem.  His departure and Clyde retaining his registration seemed unusual (typically, if things didn't work out for some reason, we'd release players from their contract and registration, stating personal reasons or work commitments) so I'm left thinking there's more to it than the announcement that was made.  All very strange. 

23 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Declan Gallagher too, wasn’t he jailed for assault with a baseball bat.

We took him on when Dundee wouldn't renew his contract due to the looming court case, played a year and a bit for us then went to jail for a year and a half. Straight back out and into the team :D Same team as Lithgow mind you.

Gallagher is a baller, a baseballer mind you but aye.  If folk have served their time, why not let them go about their job? Harsh to punish someone once they've had their dues.

Also, what diddy is trying to link Keaghan Jacobs to Clyde? Wtf? Never happening

The rumour-starter has bad form, having linked Paul Slane and John Rankin with us in the last six months.

It'd surprise - and delight - me if we got someone like Jacobs. I doubt he'll be with Livingston that much longer, given how much game-time he's getting. But aye: it's quite a drop for a player in his late twenties and who's still full-time.

We'll see. Ian Black's playing for Tranent, sure...

3 hours ago, Sao Paulo said:

The rumour-starter has bad form, having linked Paul Slane and John Rankin with us in the last six months.

It'd surprise - and delight - me if we got someone like Jacobs. I doubt he'll be with Livingston that much longer, given how much game-time he's getting. But aye: it's quite a drop for a player in his late twenties and who's still full-time.

We'll see. Ian Black's playing for Tranent, sure...

He's injured at the moment, in the current team he'd be a starter given Penrice is away back. He got injured on Boxing Day away to Dumbarton. Great player and if the impossible happens then it'd be a brilliant signing but he's our record appearance holder and needs to stay another year for his 10 year testimonial at 28, that's quite something. All signs point to him staying at least for another year

33 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He's injured at the moment, in the current team he'd be a starter given Penrice is away back. He got injured on Boxing Day away to Dumbarton. Great player and if the impossible happens then it'd be a brilliant signing but he's our record appearance holder and needs to stay another year for his 10 year testimonial at 28, that's quite something. All signs point to him staying at least for another year

I wouldn't worry, knowing the crap that gets spouted in here it's probably Keighan Parker we're signing :lol:

Today feels like a watershed.  After the decline, the new manager (and the caretaker manager before him) steadied the ship but what turns up in Clyde jerseys isn't really a team.  Whether it's morale, confidence, ability or whatever, they need to honestly discuss what the issues and solutions are and whether they want to be a part of the way forward or just walk away and let some else try (assuming anyone else is interested).

Should’ve stuck with Chapman. Good bunch of those players made the play offs last season with the right guidance.

We signed a lot from Annan but how many were playing regularly last season? Currie, Ramsay, Cuddihy, Wright and Osadolar? Wright and Osadolar were in and out the Clyde starting line up under Chapman.

I don't think the other players we got from Annan - Stewart, Breslin, Home and the under 20 players featured much for them last season.

7 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

We signed a lot from Annan but how many were playing regularly last season? Currie, Ramsay, Cuddihy, Wright and Osadolar? Wright and Osadolar were in and out the Clyde starting line up under Chapman.

I don't think the other players we got from Annan - Stewart, Breslin, Home and the under 20 players featured much for them last season.

Breslin, like Nicoll, wasn't there last season. He was at Hamilton.

Smart hardly played (first half of season he flirted from Stranraer to EK). Was mainly a sub behind Weatherson when he came back.

Max Wright started about 2/3rds of their games.

Home played quite a bit, he only signed for them November time.

Stewart joined on loan from St Mirren in February and basically played every game until he pulled his hamstring at Broadwood.

Currie, Ramsay, Cuddihy were the main regulars. Probably could say that of Wright and Home as well. Stewart after he signed was a first pick.

The Annan signings aren't the main source of the problem, as poor as Wright and Ramsay have been. Ex Annan players who were nowhere near their team last season like Nicoll and Breslin, cheap rubbish like Miller and retained players like Ferguson, Gormley, Lowdon and McNiff are the bigger issue. Flynn as well but he gets a pass to some extent given he was playing with a long term injury.

How worried are Clyde fans about the playoff this season compared to last?

Very worried! We had guys like peaso, McGovern, Linton last season, whilst we were poor and heartless for large chunks of the season we did have some players that could make a difference at times.

This season they are all complete shite apart from goodwillie and to be honest he has been pulled down to our level lately and isn’t much better. 1 goal in 7 games, 2 league wins all season. These are stats that cause alarm.

Archived