CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

1 hour ago, Bw1877 said:

Aye, I also support Oldham and Sheffield Wednesday. Does there seem to be an issue with supporting more than one team? 

Not at all, especially when one of your clubs died :angel

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

Clyde fans really are utter fucking scumbags. 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's absolutely no need for that.

1 hour ago, The Spider said:

Oh that's not the worst of it Gordon - Flynn & Goodwillie also have other "previous"  which I'm sure some on this thread will simply sweep under the carpet  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17929730 .  Nasty pieces of work, both of them, and I think there's now more than enough evidence with this club to suggest a pattern here, but perhaps I'm just trying to make Clyde fans look bad.

No show without Punch x3

Yip, we also had Strachan the wife beater - lithgow the flasher and worst of all Kevin Finlayson. Of course all these players came from other clubs and in some cases went on to other clubs.

Declan Gallagher too, wasn’t he jailed for assault with a baseball bat.

Convinced this is somebody trying to make Clyde fans look bad
He's admitted he's a Rangers fan who has Clyde as his "wee team", if that helps you understand why he condones racism.

9 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

any thoughts on Mark Burbridge as a player? did he play enough games  for you to be judged fairly?

He looked a decent player but chucked it due to "falling out of love for the game" (probably because of Chapman)  I kind of hoped he'd be back after Lennon was appointed but that was not to be 

any thoughts on Mark Burbridge as a player? did he play enough games  for you to be judged fairly?
His inability to trap passes that were two feet above his head cost him dearly.

I liked the look of him. He is obviously much better than what we have now on the right wing. It was a mistake to let him go.

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

Burbidge had a couple of good performances for us and a couple of poor ones, though the poor ones came when the whole team were playing poorly and were just humping the ball long. He looked like a natural winger who enjoyed playing tight to the touchline, instead of trying to cut inside constantly as many wingers do these days, and ideally I’d have liked to have seen more of him.

However, he apparently walked out on us after being subbed during a match and didn’t return to the club. During his time at Clydebank he also threatened to leave them when he was named on the bench for a cup match until they caved to his demands and started him. Having a player who wants to play every game is great but not if they can’t handle being dropped occasionally.

Burbridge played well the majority of games but unfortunately he wasn't one of the Annan' s blue eyed boys like cuddihy , Ramsay, wright st al who have been lucky if they have had one good game between them , would have given him another chance Maybe because we actually paid money for some of these players ( that is using a great deal of poetic licence) they got and continue to get chance after chance I'm sure at the first opportunity Lennon gets he will get them out the door.

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Burbridge played well the majority of games but unfortunately he wasn't one of the Annan' s blue eyed boys like cuddihy , Ramsay, wright st al who have been lucky if they have had one good game between them , would have given him another chance Maybe because we actually paid money for some of these players ( that is using a great deal of poetic licence) they got and continue to get chance after chance I'm sure at the first opportunity Lennon gets he will get them out the door.

After some short, and therefore irrelevant, appearances in the cup games and the first few league games, he played well as a sub against Stenny, and against Stirling away. He was then rank rotten in the following three games and was rightly hooked at half-time up at Montrose where he hadn't offered a single scrap of protection to his full-back and had given the ball away every time he had it. If he took a huff at that, then we're better off without him. He definitely didn't play well in the majority of games, and I've no idea the relevance of two central midfielders playing games other than it being a chance for you to copy and paste one of your rants.

After some short, and therefore irrelevant, appearances in the cup games and the first few league games, he played well as a sub against Stenny, and against Stirling away. He was then rank rotten in the following three games and was rightly hooked at half-time up at Montrose where he hadn't offered a single scrap of protection to his full-back and had given the ball away every time he had it. If he took a huff at that, then we're better off without him. He definitely didn't play well in the majority of games, and I've no idea the relevance of two central midfielders playing games other than it being a chance for you to copy and paste one of your rants.

I think you're being unfair on him for the Montrose performance.

He stood out wide, as he had obviously been instructed and not once did he have the ball played to him below shoulder height. He was immediately under pressure by the time he had the ball under control.

His performance in that half was not as bad as Nicoll, Duffie and Stewart's which is the worst defensive display I've seen for years by Clyde. That's saying something. Nicoll and Duffie are still selected and playing regularly.

45 minutes ago, David W said:

Agree. Problem cfcuk may have is what happens if those players he hates(although I agree 100% on Wright) are rated by Lennon and stick around? I'm sure that he cant be sure what Lennon thinks of them.

The relevance is that they have contributed nothing with some off the most appalling performances but still selected week on week thank goodness our new manager has at least dropped them at times
Think you need to drop the blind spot on these two particular cuddihy who can do no wrong in your eyes it's always another players fault. Maybe it's Nicol that's the problem well you blame him for everything else.

Archived