CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’m just hoping someone was going to tell me we are on the verge of signing the next Lampard or such . Or even anyone with two legs and can pass a ball would be a start.

Ask that on the Club Owners' Q&A section.

I’m just hoping someone was going to tell me we are on the verge of signing the next Lampard or such . Or even anyone with two legs and can pass a ball would be a start.

Did Lennon not say he was looking at players but depends what's available to be honest most other teams who are doing well have good loan players in the squad I think that's the route we should go down at least till summer
Fingers crossed Lennon's contacts in the game can come up with a couple

Did Lennon not say he was looking at players but depends what's available to be honest most other teams who are doing well have good loan players in the squad I think that's the route we should go down at least till summer
Fingers crossed Lennon's contacts in the game can come up with a couple

Yeah would be nice if he has some credit in at St Mirren and they are looking to get fringe players some game time. One week down in the transfer window is one week less for any players to settle before it gets to sedative levels of anxiety...again...

54 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

We are rumoured to be signing N. Obody a Nigerian u21 international midfielder 

If he's a prince he might have access to a number of bank accounts...

There's a ring of plausibility to that rumour. His contract isn't up for a few months but there are, as I understand it, provisions in there for his release or, alternatively, another year if he wanted it. Additionally, he's not had a lot of game-time with Livingston this season and, more than that, hasn't had the consistency of game-time he enjoyed earlier in his career for a few years solid now; injuries and a move abroad factor in to that.

Add in to all that he'd be exactly the sort of midfielder we need and you've got a very plausible rumour. I still think we'd need a more heavy-weight counterbalance alongside him though; he and Cuddihy would be a soft-touch combo.

What you'd get with Jacobs is someone that can score from range, run beyond the strikers, play out of trouble, keep the ball, pick a pass. All the elements of guile that've been missing from our central midfield and which, in part, account for the recent drought of goals.

Then again, we're talking about a pedigreed centre-midfielder, who's only what? Late twenties. And is, at the moment, a full-time player. If we got him, the residual value of his full-time fitness would be massively helpful for us in seeing-out the season strongly.

Hedgeman, must be brutal for you guys this season. Sorry to see you struggling so . See you next season when we visit.
Yeah we knew it was going to be tough but thought we would have won a game by now were just enjoying the ride and look forward to getting back where we belong next season

Archived