CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/exclusive-850-race-abuse-fine-985541

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/abject-failure-to-tackle-racism-is-scotland-s-real-secret-shame-1-1415847

Down in the diddy leagues from whence we came 10 years ago a precedent was set when a Whitehill Welfare player ended up in court for racist abuse against a Spartans player.

Its a shame that despite the best efforts of organisations like Kick it Out and others this player has allegedly uttered this nonsense. You can't blame Clyde FC for one player's actions of course although as one poster said it might be a good idea to review their club disciplinary policy in light of this alleged incident.  

23 hours ago, locheedfcno1 said:

On 06/01/2018 at 11:16, locheedfcno1 said:

Em loaded man. Keep signing the beasts. Clyde are a horrible wee diddy team. Basically a junior team 

I have never heard of Lochead United...

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/abject-failure-to-tackle-racism-is-scotland-s-real-secret-shame-1-1415847

Down in the diddy leagues from whence we came 10 years ago a precedent was set when a Whitehill Welfare player ended up in court for racist abuse against a Spartans player.

Its a shame that despite the best efforts of organisations like Kick it Out and others this player has allegedly uttered this nonsense. You can't blame Clyde FC for one player's actions of course although as one poster said it might be a good idea to review their club disciplinary policy in light of this alleged incident.  

Why don’t we wait until it’s established anything happened first, eh? 

Next three games

Stenny h

Montrose a

Peterhead h

Can't see us getting much from those games . The month and a half after January will be crucial every likely hood we will play Edinburgh and cowdenbeath twice we need to target wins in those games As said it's now a relegation dog fight (again ) we really are a shell of the club we once were no point in raking over who is to blame as well all know too well the culprits , probably out only way out is for the present

Chairman to somehow increase revenues but it looks like he is having to build the club from scratch while trying to do increase turn over.

1 minute ago, cfcuk said:

Next three games
Stenny h
Montrose a
Peterhead h

Can't see us getting much from those games . The month and a half after January will be crucial every likely hood we will play Edinburgh and cowdenbeath twice we need to target wins in those games As said it's now a relegation dog fight (again ) we really are a shell of the club we once were no point in raking over who is to blame as well all know too well the culprits , probably out only way out is for the present
Chairman to

Finish sentences?

The other midfielders we have are garbage. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a few starts to see how Lamont gets on. I'm guessing we won't be paying much or anything towards his wages.

Bradley has went back to Rangers. I forgot we actually had him on loan. Did he get injured?

Munro is the big loss but hopefully Lang can take his place.

A midfielder would be my number one priority then another striker to partner Goodwillie.

Huge thanks to Kyle Bradley. Never put a foot wrong ...

How did he get injured then? 

Seriously, over the last few seasons we must be one of the worst teams for getting loan individuals in that significantly improve the team. Most of them seem to sit on the bench or fail to impress.

10 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Huge thanks to Kyle Bradley. Never put a foot wrong ...

Apart from when he played.

Lamont played well against Annan given the gutlessness of some his teammates but when he didn't come on in the game on Saturday I though he'd be away.

Not fussed one way or another on Lamont; seemed tidy enough player, but if he is keen to stay on then suppose it good sign.

Suppose the fact there is news of small movement at least shows there may be something in terms of changes in the pipeline, lets hope so!

Munro is a loss as he was certainly decent enough at this level and at least showed some commitment; whether he was a good enough passer of the ball if Lennon is looking for that style of player at the back is another thing.  Bradley was from what I seen was poor, Ross Perry all over again!; showed very little indeed, delighted to see him away although not been in a squad for weeks. Would be great if a few other could be encouraged to leave but not confident that will happen, where would they go? Who would have them?

All we can do is cross fingers and hope Lennon can work a minor miracle and get at least a forward and one or two of quality in midfield in... and if I'm greedy a right back and centre half!        

Archived