CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Lets see what we get out of cowden. Berwick and Embra first. Anything less than 6points we would be better off bringing in the minimum to keep us safe and focus all funds on next season....

Depends on how much in the pot, if easton money in along with 200fund then we could afford Munro and maybe an other

43 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
17 hours ago, The Clyde Man said:
Ok if we are talking ex Clyde I’ll take Bryson, Greer, Imrie & McDonald.

And Stuart McColm.

Personally thought McColm needed to think more. He was very fast and used to cross the ball in to nobody before the Clyde players could catch up and get in the box. Trying to win a corner would have been a better option. 

Personally thought McColm needed to think more. He was very fast and used to cross the ball in to nobody before the Clyde players could catch up and get in the box. Trying to win a corner would have been a better option. 

I know it's an unpopular opinion.

We have not hit the bye line and put in a decent cross since he left.

He had the heart of a mouse but his crosses were always of high quality. In fact he managed this running at full pelt

Compare to the crossing ability of Johnston, Duffie, Stewart or Wright who constantly put in poor quality crosses even when under no pressure.

The problem was the strikers not McColm. The were usually still sauntering up the park in "support "

The McColm that I remember, allied with Goodwillie would be a sensation.

1 hour ago, Castlemilk Clyde said:

John Rankin was in broadwood yesterday, would be a great signing for us exactly what we need. He stays local as well 

I agree he would be a great signing but if he was at Broadwood it was because it's where Queen of the South train and have an office.

Stuart McColm

Remind me where did he go after us Annan [emoji23]and where is he playing now ?

I was talking about when he played for Clyde. What happened to him after he left is irrelevant.

So basically he was too good for us with his fantastic pace and great crossing [emoji23]

Absolutely no one has said that except you.

Absolutely no one has said that except you.

You said he would have been a sensation with the right striker [emoji23]

I'm amazed nobody else in Scottish football saw his amazing potential
Another star allowed to slip through the net [emoji6]

You said he would have been a sensation with the right striker [emoji23]

I'm amazed nobody else in Scottish football saw his amazing potential
Another star allowed to slip through the net [emoji6]

Sarcasm.
He was wasted in that team at that time.
He would be useful now to feed DG.

14 hours ago, Fat Sally said:

I agree he would be a great signing but if he was at Broadwood it was because it's where Queen of the South train and have an office.

Have seen queen of the south train quite a few times down hamilton palace. 

Mccolm frustrated but much better than a lot we currently have inc wonder boy Ferguson...

Nor did he (Mccolm) go out the night before an end o season crucial game(Ferguson)

Publicly critisice his own players in another cruical game at forfar (Mcmillian)

Take a good wage and operation off the club and dis-appear (Easton)

Let himself get overweight after winning player of the season the one before when captain (Smith)

Not forgetting I dont give a f**k atttitude up at forfar near end o season (Mcneill) cause im away.

Lot o these c***s got away with murder after the season was done...

Archived