CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The whole farce of this case is that Goodwillie, if he chooses could decide to start a career working with vulnerable women tomorrow.

I'd imagine that would be at the discretion of the employer. As it is with Clyde at the moment. I actually don't think he should be legally banned from football I would however want clubs to refuse to employ him (I feel the same thing about my team and Craig Thomson)

59 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

I'd imagine that would be at the discretion of the employer. As it is with Clyde at the moment. I actually don't think he should be legally banned from football I would however want clubs to refuse to employ him (I feel the same thing about my team and Craig Thomson)

Craig Thomson has a conviction and a criminal record.

David Goodwillie was not convicted of rape and a rape conviction is not even on his record.

It's not the same.

16 minutes ago, Elementary Penguin said:

You mean like the advancement of a respectful tone of dialogue on the OS when answering legitimate questions (at least legitimate in their sentiment, if not for expressing opinion as fact)....yes, that needs discussed alright. 

I'm still waiting on my answers about Ferguson. And i'll fucking get them, no worries there!!

Sorry if I offended you. I'm new to this.I agree that it would be good if  fans were kept informed as to how their club is administered and how the future plans were being implemented. I believe Clyde's future is bright as I think the Club has a fine group on the board now.

Craig Thomson has a conviction and a criminal record.
David Goodwillie was not convicted of rape and a rape conviction is not even on his record.
It's not the same.

Deary me, you've completely missed my point about clubs taking a moral decision not to employ someone based on their actions, legality is not the same as morality and for all he wasn't convicted he was eviscerated by the civil judge.

Daren't speak for anyone else in these diverse, inclusive, tolerant times....but my own broon-chute is strictly Goods-Out only. 

Feel free to batter in as you go, though. The only rules that i can see are f**k off means no, and no means maybe. 

My shirt will remain doon.

Sorry lad, didn't know it was no artistic license allowed on the Clyde page.

Lad! Brilliant. Thanks for the compliment. Usually I'm called a "Pedantic Twat". Nice of you to bite by the way.

Need to work on your sentence construction too.

I think, and by think i mean 'know', that whatever the accusations Goodwillie appealed, however unsuccesful....he wasn't sexting weans pictures of his throbbibg cock, or pressurising one for months on MSN. 

Someone put a price on rape suffering here. It wasn't David Goodwillie. 

Sleep well, won't you!!

I think and I know that under no circumstances am I qualified to comment on the respective severity of rape or sending sexual images to a minor so I won't.

So you're saying you don't see the major difference in the two crimes? You do know that Thomson, if his choice (for thats exactly what it was) gave written consent even  in her own blood, still wouldn't have been legal for two years? Comparing the two, and the fact that you have the vote believing that shite, terrifies me. 

Im not one for patronage, i've never been close to either subject, so 'understanding' doesn't come into it for me. I'd be as guilty as a perpetrator of attempting to rob genuine victims of the ownership of their own experience. Environments and conditions for either, are a different matter altogether. Maybe Sao Paulo was right, and the polis should follow every taxi that leaves Sauchiehall Street after 10pm....to protect the falsely accused, as much as genuine potential victims. 

Maybe Thomson should just never own a computer or Android phone either. 

I said I wasn't qualified to comment on the respective severity of rape or sending sexual images to a minor so I won't. My voice doesn't need to be heard here.

Archived