CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know what you're laughing at, Stirling have the rather embarrassing tag of being one of the teams we've actually managed to beat.

Would still rather be top at this point in the season than 3rd bottom.

Without actually knowing the stats, I would safely say over the past 10 years we have finished above Clyde more times than not.

Can't believe a couple of Clyde fans have got their knickers in a twist about my tongue in cheek comment about Mackay signing Goodwillie, how pathetic [emoji23]

Aye, and in their ain midden [emoji23]

Think a lot of Clyde fans are even laughing at you for this comment......Forthbank.....midden [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Clyde record vs Stirling Albion, 90 games, 40W 22D 28L, goals 158 for, 124 against.

Clyde beating Stirling is more the norm than Stirling beating us.

2017/18 - Stirling (1st currently) Clyde ( 8th currently)
2016/17 - Stirling 6th - Clyde 9th
2015/16 - Stirling 7th - Clyde 3rd
2014/15 - Stirling League 1 - Clyde League 2
2013/14 - Stirling 3rd - Clyde 4th
2012/13 - Stirling 7th - Clyde 9th
2011/12 - Stirling 2nd Division - Clyde 9th (3rd Division)
2010/11 - Stirling 1st Division - Clyde 10th (3rd Division)

These are the only stats that really matter. I could go on, I'm having fun but it's getting late and I don't quite know how my tongue in cheek comment got me into this, but keep it coming if you want lads, for as much as I actually like Clyde (and have said it on here countless amount of times), you're in no position to belittle us.

These are the only stats that really matter. I could go on, I'm having fun but it's getting late and I don't quite know how my tongue in cheek comment got me into this, but keep it coming if you want lads, for as much as I actually like Clyde (and have said it on here countless amount of times), you're in no position to belittle us.

Aye but they're a massive club, don't you know!!

I'm going to watch our under 20's tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how we get on after horsing Albion Rovers last time out after a pretty poor run IIRC but I see EK have also been getting decent results so hopefully be a decent game.

Any "Clyde supporter" that bad mouths Goodwillie surely can't be a real fan,  his attitude since coming to the club has been incredible, never seen a player look so interested and committed to the club in my 23 years of supporting Clyde and especially amazing considering he will be worth a few bob and has played in the English Premier League, Scotland caps etc and only 28.. can imagine most other players in his situation probably wouldn't give a dam thinkin they could stroll the league in first gear (it's only Clyde) (it's only league two)

What a guy. 

40 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Christ mate you no got better things to do than go on a Clyde thread "stirling are better than you"... embarrassing :lol:

These are the only stats that really matter.

Really?

I think these matter more:

Scottish Cup Winners - 3 times

Scottish Division Two or equivalent
Winners - 5 times

Scottish Division Three or equivalent
Winners - 4 times

We're down at the moment but I'm certain we'll be adding to these honours in the future.

Really?

I think these matter more:

Scottish Cup Winners - 3 times

Scottish Division Two or equivalent
Winners - 5 times

Scottish Division Three or equivalent
Winners - 4 times

We're down at the moment but I'm certain we'll be adding to these honours in the future.

Plus finishing third in top league to OF 1967.
SA ever close ? [emoji850]

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

Well done on being a decent side in the 60's m8, not sure how thats at all relevant to anything though?

1. Industrial Revolution

2. Suffragettes

3. World war 2 victory

4. Creation of the internet

5. Invention of the car

6. Independence referendum and Brexit referendum

7. British Empire

and so on ad infinitum. We are all defined by our history. Clyde FC has one worthy of debate and note. 

Stirling on the other hand are one of the extras in this movie.

Archived