CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

7 minutes ago, Elementary Penguin said:

It's only not a finance issue, if McNeil wasn't among those summoned for a chat with Innes/Chapman (he wasn't mentioned among those who have left previously). If his options were 80 a week here or his regular income elsewhere, well, he's had his decision made for him, surely? 

He's got what he wants, i doubt he'll rock any boats about misrepresentations on a club page. 

McNeil was still under contract. We’ve clearly offered some players extensions on lower wages than their previous deals but I’ve not seen anything to suggest we’ve tried to renegotiate existing contracts down.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad that the club is clearing out the highly paid flops from last season.

I'm also pretty certain our "£80/week players" will finish in a significantly higher league position than their predecessors that some on here seem disappointed to lose.

It looks like he just did not want to be here; disappointing as he is a decent player. Decent, no more than that but certainly much better than the other imposters we had last year, Higgins, Gibson, Perry, Finnie.....I could go on. Not unexpected that he was going, so I would like to think there was someone else lined up; Ramsay I suppose, not that I know much about him to be honest.

I assume that will see another couple of players coming in and I really hope that one of them if not more is an actual midfield player who can get about the pitch, has a touch and can actually pass the ball; not much to ask for eh?

I'm glad that the club is clearing out the highly paid flops from last season.

I'm also pretty certain our "£80/week players" will finish in a significantly higher league position than their predecessors that some on here seem disappointed to lose.

Let's see where we end remember last year ( myself included) thought we would be challenging for the league so wouldn't take anything for granted.

Let's see where we end remember last year ( myself included) thought we would be challenging for the league so wouldn't take anything for granted.

I was the same. Then again, I'm the same every preseason. This one is no different.

As they say, it's better to travel in hope than to arrive and be disappointed.

Would have liked to have kept mc Neill but looks like both him and the club are happy to part company. It looks from the outside like Chapman is working with one hand tied behind his back can't be good with only 12 fit players. Hopefully a few signings will be made this week.

What the f**k does that even mean, Socrates? You, quite figuratively, can only be disappointed if you had any kind of hope or pre-existing desire of what you'd want at the start of your journey!! If the journey is that of the 36 match kind, then some objectivity among the crushing disappointment helps you through it immensely, i find. That may manifest itself in sounding like a greetin' faced b*****d, and if it does, its a tag i wear with enormous pride. I'm one of the few honest ones you'll find in our crowd, i'll tell you that for free. 

As I said, I start every season with hope. It may be misguided at times but it's there.
In recent seasons, I'm usually disappointed.

Sometimes the journey (36 matches) is the only reward.

It doesn't take an ancient Greek philosopher (or Brazilian midfielder) to see what I meant.

Incidently, I can be as greeting faced as anyone.

I also feel that the "honest" fans are the vast majority of our support. You may not agree with many of them but their opinions are as valid as anyone elses.

Just now, Elementary Penguin said:

We'll have to agree to differ on the last part. There's an even older saying....if you wish to test a man's character, don't thrust poverty upon him....bestow him with riches and power.

In the obvious absence of the former, the latter has corrupted, just short of absolutely. 

Well thank God we've got you here to keep us all right :rolleyes:

I just posted the link.

you need to use your own imagination as to why it has been there for over a year but has no content.

Let us know if you come up with some scenarios.

Well you did not post the link as you used a capital at the start.
My comment was made with no sarcasm or irony intended. Post #1957 has the link to Companies House. That was far more insightful. Now back to my beer.

Chairman's call to arms was expected and welcome.

I do however think that the fans are the one positive we've had in these terrible years. Success on the park is the only surefire way to increase attendances.

I'm looking forward to hearing the plans. He certainly talks a good game.
However, talk is cheap, which is just as well as Clyde couldn't afford it otherwise.

Archived