CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Please stop this 'I'll like your post if you like mine'.
It's embarrassing.

Agree this is the type of thing that is holding the club back should be a priority for the new chairman

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Just sounds like excuses are getting made already as said Montrose that's right Montrose turned it around in a matter of months

I'm not content pottering about the middle of div 2 and celebrating scraping into the play offs if we spend much more time in div 2 then we are destined to stay there forever
Fans dropping off every season acceptance of mediocrity perpetrated by the people in charge of the club year on year

Not for me

Let's aim high

Think small stay small

The season is still 4 weeks away yet, and the majority on here have virtually given up already.

Every season under Ferguson we started favourites, and failed to deliver.

I wasn't in favour of Chapman as manager, but I'm prepared to give him a chance (and my support).

FFS - We have a good keeper, a front 3 of Goodwillie, Gormley and Ferguson (I expect a big improvement when he is fully fit, and without Barry ruining his game).

Miller looked class in the middle of the park before (I'm guessing here) he also fell out with Ferguson. McNeill is solid. Lowdon (when fit again) is class.

McNiff was a good player under Chapman. And I presume he wouldn't have brought some of the others in unless he rates them.

Lets not panic, at least until the start of the League.

It's still 4 weeks until our first competitive game so if the squad is the same then I would be worried but I want to give the manager the time to get his own squad in place before I'm going to make a judgement.

As some people are saying we used to get excited with the squads that BF put together and we can see where that ended up last season.

We will just need to wait and see who he brings in. We still need another 8 or so players so too early to tell how we will do. Most teams seem to be in a similar position with around 11 players signed up. Too early to start panicking or being negative.

The season is still 4 weeks away yet, and the majority on here have virtually given up already.
Every season under Ferguson we started favourites, and failed to deliver.
I wasn't in favour of Chapman as manager, but I'm prepared to give him a chance (and my support).
FFS - We have a good keeper, a front 3 of Goodwillie, Gormley and Ferguson (I expect a big improvement when he is fully fit, and without Barry ruining his game).
Miller looked class in the middle of the park before (I'm guessing here) he also fell out with Ferguson. McNeill is solid. Lowdon (when fit again) is class.
McNiff was a good player under Chapman. And I presume he wouldn't have brought some of the others in unless he rates them.
Lets not panic, at least until the start of the League.

You miss my point, if we can secure two or three good players then we certainly have the makings of squad
I thought Miller was a good player with us and goodwillie given the service will score a barrel load

What I can't go is this oh if we are mid table it will be an improvement on last year or 4th would be a great achievement , that is defeatest in my opinion , yes by all means if we are say third at Xmas within touching distance of top then really strengthen in January, is that really too much to expect ? If it is then it's time to chuck it

Or are we to be beat with the big stick of our budget is the lowest in the league crap

Ps well prepared to give Chapman a chance

Its similar to the like button on Facebook. Who actually gives a f**k? Except you, obviously.

What I'm getting at is it looks like we have another 'Jamesy' in our midst who posts under two nom-de-plumes.
Either that or it is Siamese twins. [emoji38]

After the nonsense of the last three seasons when Barry allegedly attracted some of the better lower league players and failed spectacularly to deliver, I find myself being pretty unconcerned about the preseason dealings thus far. Sure, most would have kept Easton and Linton, but they're gone and Chapman is clearly slowly bringing in his own guys. As for everyone else, I can fully understand them being punted. Regarding Peaso, I wonder if his failure to play in the last number of games was a fitness rather than the form issue he led everyone to believe it was. There's time yet to bring in others so we will see what that brings. At least there's no reluctance to make difficult decisions. How that was lacking in the last couple of years !

Bit of trivia. Darren Miller recently won the Scottish Amateur Cup with Colville Amateurs. The last player to come straight from an amateur cup final to Clyde was Mark Brown. He scored the winner that day against Queen's Park. Best goal I ever saw scored at Hampden actually: must've been 35 yards out, half-volley from a shy; lobbed the goalie. Brown, like Miller, was a centre midfielder that day. Of course, he came to Clyde and became a very consistent defender. Miller won't do that.

Anyway, jimmy cracked corn.

Is this another in-and-out of senior football punter?

Played junior then lowland league last season scored 35 goals for Shire but mostly agains push teams. Personally I think he will struggle in league 2

You have apparently signed David Grant.

I hope not. The guys that have scored 30+ goals in the Lowland league have all struggled at league one or two level. Victoria at Arbroath and Queens Park. McLeish at Stenny. I'm sure a few of the forwards at Edinburgh were regular scorers in the Lowland league before their promotion.

That's not to stay there aren't a few gems at junior or Lowland level but you need somebody like Gus mcpherson to be able to spot them. I checked in on the Shire thread on a regular basis in the Lowland league and based on the posts there wouldnt be pleased if he signs for us.

I hope not. The guys that have scored 30+ goals in the Lowland league have all struggled at league one or two level. Victoria at Arbroath and Queens Park. McLeish at Stenny. I'm sure a few of the forwards at Edinburgh were regular scorers in the Lowland league before their promotion.

That's not to stay there aren't a few gems at junior or Lowland level but you need somebody like Gus mcpherson to be able to spot them. I checked in on the Shire thread on a regular basis in the Lowland league and based on the posts there wouldnt be pleased if he signs for us.

Think East Stirling scored something like 115 goals or something in 30 games. Imagine the damage Goodwillie could do. [emoji23]

Yet some are happy that we re-signed Gormley for a third season having scored 16 goals in 62 league games.

Archived