New 2017-2018 Scottish Premiership kits

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 16:12, Radford said:

St Johnstone blue is on the right, Joma blue on the left.

IMG_20170526_160906.thumb.jpg.c3c01a95e725d1db7dcb1d3c8e63d960.jpg

Joma did the same with the Queen of the South kit for a few years, with a lighter shade of blue which didn't look right.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
f**k about with the design a bit and maybe the shade of colour a little here and there but don't fucking touch or change the colour scheme imo, to me it's the clubs visual identity and it's history. Some things just shouldn't change, not because it's antiquated but because it's tradition. If Celtic ever tried to ditch the hoops there'd be public unrest at an unprecedented level.[emoji38]

Never mind that, quite a few Celtic fans had a hissy fit when they had white vertical stripes down the sides, 'breaking the hoops!!!'. As highlighted in the sister thread in the Championship forum, Morton relatively recently decided to take the hoops away, but had a change of mind after succumbing to fan pressure.

I think Aberdeen are quite lucky in that we've never had any truly horrible shirts. Just a few bland ones.

aberdeen_a95.png

Considering a fair chunk of our support has seen us win all three domestic trophies (majority seeing at least 2), I don't think we need to worry about getting one up on an East Fife fan to feel relatively big in Scotland. Thanks for your concern though.

Kilmarnock are a laughing stock, won't exist in 5 years.

I’m hearing the new Motherwell kit will not be unveiled until mid June. Macron have done a reasonable job with our kit, however, at times I feel they are a little fussy design wise. 

I won’t hold my breath on the dodgy club badge stitching which has featured on a few of our kits in recent years.

The current stitched badge is on the left and the official badge is on the right.
rjfjlt.jpg
Without the dodgy outer stitching makes the shape look like this... 
post-2480-0-12377200-1467993620.png

My god. Are you okay? Thoughts go out to you & the family.

2 hours ago, stag317 said:

So who do we think has the best top?

County home top is a cracker. Same for hearts top and hibs away offering!

Big fan of the tartan on the County shirt, shame they didn't put some trim on the shorts though. 

I'm not that impressed by most of the efforts at kits in the Championship this coming season so I'm having a look in here to see if there is better.

Had a look at the Aberdeen home, looks a better kit than last season, very smart indeed.

Image result for aberdeen fc 2017-18 kit

Can't be bothered searching in here for them all so I'll put them up again.

Celtic's new kit again like Aberdeen better than the last one, nice gold touch to it as well. Although it looks good it doesn't look that strong a material. Not familiar with football kits from New Balance, nice trainers though. Good effort I say.

Image result for celtic fc 2017-18 kit

You can nearly always rely on Puma to have decent football kits and this Dundee one for the new season is one. Uncomplicated and smart, looks really good.

Image result for dundee fc 2017-18 kit

Haven't seen a new Accies home or away kit for next season yet so might assume they will continue with the same as last season.

Hearts Umbro retro kit for next season should be popular with the supporters, it looks smart and no nonsense which the team need to be next season.Image result for hearts 2017-18 kit

The Hibs kits look smart, quite like the Macron kits so can't understand what was going through the minds of those at Queen of the South when they decided their away kit. Back to Hibs, seen the close up of the badge there, interesting.

Image result for hibernian 2017-18 kit

no-more-nike-macron-hibernian-fc-17-18-home-away-kits%2B%25284%2529.jpg

Haven't seen new Kilmarnock shirts from their site one would assume they will be using last seasons kit this coming season.

Motherwell, this is just wow! There is something about their choice of kits that is inspiring. Love the home kit but that away kit is the best I've seen yet out of the two top leagues so far. Again another genius kit design from Macron.

Image result for motherwell 2017-18 kit

Image result for motherwell 2017-18 kit

Joma Joma Joma, honestly when the club (Partick Thistle) don't want to be held responsible for the complete mess their kit designs are and have to go and ask the supporters instead, they have to take a good look at themselves and think maybe designing football kits is not their thing.

Partick Thistle have had some nice decent kits over the years despite the combination of red and yellow being a difficult combination to work with and get spot on (what happened to the colour black, at least it gave the designs a bit more balance). If pushed I would stick as close to the traditional yellow and red stripes a possible, so option A would be the choice.

Image result for partick 2017-18 kit

pick-the-kit-article-imagesb

Haven't seen the new Rangers one but someone has decided that this choice with a darker blue badge and the partially white sleeves will be the one Rangers will use next season. The article was from last month and I've yet to see anything else. Doesn't the main shade of colour of the shirt looks a lot lighter than the usual Rangers tops over the years almost Forfar Athletic or Coventry City like.

It looks smart as most Puma strips do and no nonsense without clutter in the design and should be a laugh on supporters who carry a little bit extra around the waist, it doesn't look like it takes prisoners or suffer fools gladly in that case. That is if any Rangers fan dares to break the boycott and buy this nice top from Sports Direct.

Well Bears, are you going to wear your colours this season?

Rangers lite. :lol:

Just now, Nizzy said:

Option A was the choice.

Was it, it did seem the more logical choice.

I didn't see any reference to this on the Partick Thistle club website, but well done for that choice, I'm sure it will eventually grow on everyone in different ways through out next season.

Archived