New 2017-2018 Scottish Premiership kits

3 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Any well kit with hooped socks gets a big thumbs up from me, not too sure about the thin stripes top and bottom of the middle stripe but any combination of claret and amber looks glorious out on the pitch.
Nice to see something a bit different from the away top, hate when u just get reversed home kit colours. Detail might be lost a bit in a dreich Tuesday night away to Dundee but fair play to the lads for trying

The thing with the design of the band on the shirt is that it's a bit of a throwback to the 1994 shirt. Which is a nice touch for fans of a certain era.

200894-motherwell-v-hearts-1-1-fir-park-

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing with the design of the band on the shirt is that it's a bit of a throwback to the 1994 shirt. Which is a nice touch for fans of a certain era.
200894-motherwell-v-hearts-1-1-fir-park-motherwell-motherwells-tommy-BJFYT2.jpg

That's my era! Just prefer the more retro thick band or my absolute preferred well top would be the diagonal stripe. ( from that era tho the harlequin top stands out from all others, don't know if it's coz it was my first kit I bought and wore to 5s for at least 10 years afterwards or not but it was ace in my mind at least)

28 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Any well kit with hooped socks gets a big thumbs up from me, not too sure about the thin stripes top and bottom of the middle stripe but any combination of claret and amber looks glorious out on the pitch.
Nice to see something a bit different from the away top, hate when u just get reversed home kit colours. Detail might be lost a bit in a dreich Tuesday night away to Dundee but fair play to the lads for trying

Probably wear your home kit away to Dundee m8.

PS both MFC strips are lovely, as is the Hibs away.

Probably wear your home kit away to Dundee m8.
PS both MFC strips are lovely, as is the Hibs away.

Well that's true, was just thinking of somewhere shite to be on a wet Tuesday! no real need for us to have an away kit tbh seeing as our home colours gloriously stand out above all others so always happy when we do something out the ball park a little. Agree with u on the hibs away, it's smashing. Hearts home looks proper old school as well, should only be available in long sleeve version!

13 hours ago, AndyM said:

I've never been so glad for us to be away from a kit supplier. Nike were absolutely useless. Last season's away was a stock template running top and 3 months after we won the cup Nike/Just Sport still hadn't put the new kits in the shop. They are hopeless.

We are still waiting for kits to come out. Glad somebody else hates them too. Very impressed with macron your strip is a cracker like your away one.

7 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Better shirts = better football. Fact!! Should be a belter of a season.

You might be onto something there JP. As soon as Aberdeen went back to the all red strip they suddenly became a force and competed for the title up until or after the split.

You might be onto something there JP. As soon as Aberdeen went back to the all red strip they suddenly became a force and competed for the title up until or after the split.

Unless I've been mistaken the new Aberdeen strip has a pinstripe that continues from shirt to shorts?! If so timmy beware!!

2 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Unless I've been mistaken the new Aberdeen strip has a pinstripe that continues from shirt to shorts?! If so timmy beware!!

:lol: I'm shitting huge bricks here now. Personally I was happy to see the all red strip back as it to me said that this was Aberdeen. Grew up with them in an all red strip and the one with white shorts threw me off a bit and I thought "WHY?".

[emoji38] I'm shitting huge bricks here now. Personally I was happy to see the all red strip back as it to me said that this was Aberdeen. Grew up with them in an all red strip and the one with white shorts threw me off a bit and I thought "WHY?".

Was like when the well put out a strip with white shorts a few years ago, I'm like wtf we have a very definite colour scheme going on here, both claret or amber work on every item of the strip. White shorts just screamed that u had forgotten a kit bag and had to borrow something off the home team!!!

Just now, JamesP_81 said:

Was like when the well put out a strip with white shorts a few years ago, I'm like wtf we have a very definite colour scheme going on here, both claret or amber work on every item of the strip. White shorts just screamed that u had forgotten a kit bag and had to borrow something off the home team!!!

f**k about with the design a bit and maybe the shade of colour a little here and there but don't fucking touch or change the colour scheme imo, to me it's the clubs visual identity and it's history. Some things just shouldn't change, not because it's antiquated but because it's tradition. If Celtic ever tried to ditch the hoops there'd be public unrest at an unprecedented level. :lol:

f**k about with the design a bit and maybe the shade of colour a little here and there but don't fucking touch or change the colour scheme imo, to me it's the clubs visual identity and it's history. Some things just shouldn't change, not because it's antiquated but because it's tradition. If Celtic ever tried to ditch the hoops there'd be public unrest at an unprecedented level. [emoji38]

Even if they went back to their origins of green white stripes?? Nah Im with u on that, I just think exchanging a colour for white shorts is a total washout of a choice, I mean who signs that off?!

12 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

I just think exchanging a colour for white shorts is a total washout of a choice, I mean who signs that off?!

They should run the designs past the fans at the games. Show them the templates and then go with what is popular amongst them. Sure fire winner for them and also the fans getting what they want.

Archived