Stranraer v East Fife

Guest TOPFITTER

Guest TOPFITTER

So the rotund lady is about to let go as another season peters out and Stair Park hosts East Fife to conclude proceedings.The Fifers come with a slim chance of the play-offs whilst The 'Raer barring some unlikely calamity survive for another year in League 1.

It's been a woeful season from the calamitous dive towards relegation  and the team downing tools for former gaffer (Not My Fault) REID to the Early Promise of Faz's Flair Players to Farrell's Fragile Wee Lambs (whose bottle can be cracked easier than a Frank Carson Joke) the biggest question must be how can those who recommended and those who committed to sign Reid still be believed as credible in the football world ???

Let's hope this game passes with as little ill effect as possible for everyone and we can start to look forward to next season and put this in the football bin of non-seasons. The only light at the end of this season will be Kyle (Messi) Turner's move from Stair Park and the inward investment of megabucks his fanbase expects ;)

5 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

So the rotund lady is about to let go as another season peters out and Stair Park hosts East Fife to conclude proceedings.The Fifers come with a slim chance of the play-offs whilst The 'Raer barring some unlikely calamity survive for another year in League 1.

It's been a woeful season from the calamitous dive towards relegation  and the team downing tools for former gaffer (Not My Fault) REID to the Early Promise of Faz's Flair Players to Farrell's Fragile Wee Lambs (whose bottle can be cracked easier than a Frank Carson Joke) the biggest question must be how can those who recommended and those who committed to sign Reid still be believed as credible in the football world ???

Let's hope this game passes with as little ill effect as possible for everyone and we can start to look forward to next season and put this in the football bin of non-seasons. The only light at the end of this season will be Kyle (Messi) Turner's move from Stair Park and the inward investment of megabucks his fanbase expects ;)

The same guys that gave Reid an extended deal, after taking us a penalty shout away from promotion also got rid and appointed Farrell. They're plenty credible to me. Sometimes things don't work out in football.

Where's Kyle off to?

Guest TOPFITTER
3 hours ago, Mattmc said:

The same guys that gave Reid an extended deal, after taking us a penalty shout away from promotion also got rid and appointed Farrell. They're plenty credible to me. Sometimes things don't work out in football.

Where's Kyle off to?

Reid - 2 seasons bottom at Christmas, 1st one only saved by Belford and Gibson heroics Cairney getting fit and the Petals starting to "Believe" they had a chance !!!!

Kyle ; World domination and replacing Ronaldo if his fans are to be believed !!! ;)

Reid - 2 seasons bottom at Christmas, 1st one only saved by Belford and Gibson heroics Cairney getting fit and the Petals starting to "Believe" they had a chance !!!!
Kyle ; World domination and replacing Ronaldo if his fans are to be believed !!! [emoji6]

Turned it round first season and was given the chance to continue that. Most clubs would do the same. It didn't work out and he got the sack.
Turner is good and will no doubt move on, he 's not the only one though. Did he piss in your beloved Willies Powerade or something?

Some game could have been about 6-4 east fife. Belford amazing for us. We also missed some sitters. First half wasnt the best but the 2nd half livened up. Great play by gibson. Surging mazy run from his own half to the byeline. Then spotted malky for a tap in. East fife equalised from a set piece. Clise range overhead kick. With east fife pushing stranraer created more chances and gibson now playing with more confidence ran in on goal shot parried to amadou who knocked in the rebound.

7 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

Kyle ; World domination and replacing Ronaldo if his fans are to be believed !!! ;)

Its a shame you felt the need to make comments of this nature and its not the first time either. Pretty obvious who you are and hopefully the Stranraer player who you are connected with wishes you hadn't felt the need to air such views.

Regardless of what you may think of Kyle's potential to go further in the game (personally I think he is a promising youngster with a degree of potential to go further) I like to see experienced players of Wullie Gibson's undoubted ability (and those associated with him) encouraging young players who are starting out in the game. This latest sarcastic post and the failure of one player to join in the celebrations when Kyle scored against Airdrie are very revealing and for me disappointing.

As always there may be things going on in the background and hey I don't know the full story but whatever it is Pie and Bovril ain't the place if you have insider knowledge. Apologies if this offends but I am a firm believer in supporting youngster and that's what I would expect from somebody who is a hero to many at our wee club. As always happy to listen to and accept alternative views.               

Shame for East Fife not making the play-offs in the end, I think if they'd turned up for the wee teams and not just the big boys they would have made it as well.

East Fife will be wondering how they didn't win today. Hit the post twice and created at least five good, clear cut chances.
First half was pretty dull and you'd of thought both teams had nothing to play for.
East Fife started the second half strong and would of been well in front if it wasn't for Belford, Stranraer broke forward and a brilliant bit of play from Gibson put the ball on a plate for Malcom.
EF deservedly got an equaliser but failed to do much more after that.
Gibson again involved in Stranraer winner.
Glad to put the season behind us. Be a different team next season.

Shame for East Fife not making the play-offs in the end, I think if they'd turned up for the wee teams and not just the big boys they would have made it as well.

It's a pity our threadbare squad was plagued by injuries and suspensions or we would have strolled the league [emoji23]

We just ran out of steam with injuries to key players derailing our season. Would have happily have taken 5th at the start of the season but disappointed the way it fizzled out. Wasn't to be but hopefully we can build on it for next season.

5 hours ago, AMC13 said:

No, we didn't beat Alloa this season!!!

6 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Nor Airdrie all season as they are a full time like yourself if only we had won last week we would of had a better chance this week of making fourth it's easy said than done but the damage was done without need to win and either two of airdrie or Brechin to lose.

but injuries became our disadvatage and players sent off for raising their hands in the air

Didn't deserve to be in Play offs I'm afraid! Lucky the season is over as we would likely go down but that's the joys of having a threadbare squad hit with injuries and suspensions. It's going to be interesting to see who comes and goes and hopefully we get some decent signings to justify the £15 admission fee next season.

Archived