Championship Team of the Year.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

No Alan Martin.

Boycott this league, Sons.

41 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Surprised at Martin's exclusion but it's hard to judge the other keepers in the league when you only see them a handful of times throughout the season.

Genuinely couldn't say if Bell has been better throughout the course of the season.

9 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

A pretty good team that to be fair.

I do think Alan Martin should be/should have been in with a shout, but as has been said, it's difficult to judge goalkeepers you don't see every week so Cammy Bell could be a fair enough selection.

Alan Martin is not the best keeper in the league - sit the f**k doon.

8 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Aye, a keeper who has conceded 55 goals and kept 7 clean sheets this season should be in team of the year right enough.

To be fair, the 'keeper is the most difficult one to choose in this situation. The ones at the top end tend to have less work to do and the ones at the bottom have lots to do at times. So with everything taken in account, it is perfectly reasonable for a goalkeeper of one of the bottom sides to be chosen in the team of the year. Furthermore, there is no stand out at any of the top sides for that position either.

I'd want to say Sean Murdoch but when you've seen 3 penalty saves from an injured looking goalkeeper in a matter of minutes they should get it for that alone.

29 league games, 10 clean sheets. 32 goals conceded by Murdoch in the Championship. Can't deny he's been an absolute hero for us.

I agree with the team of the year anyway.

21 hours ago, thelocalcat said:

Really want to moan about the lack of Falkirk players in here but SIbbs is the only one with a decent shout. Even big Pete has been shaky from time to time.

I'd have sibbald instead of mallan. He's been far more consistent over the whole season. Mallan was pretty poor till the turn of the year and getting grief from a number of saints fans on here.

Archived