Championship Team of the Year.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These threads always go one of two ways;

1) People suggesting that a bang average player from their team should be there.

2) a sarcastic selection of a really shit player in all eleven positions. Here's looking at you, Gav Reilly.

Agree on McGinn. Think the Scotland call ups have made him sound better than he is actually is. Good player no doubt, but every time i see Hibs, he's not the standout he is made out to be.

Will prob win Player of the year now.

McGinn was voted for by his fellow pros but his inclusion is a surprise, nowhere near his best this season. Cammy Bell in goals though? :lol: He saved a few penalties but has been mince since December. 

Not too fussed about none of our players making this. We've not had any standouts this year. Sibbald potentially but that midfield is dyno. Would maybe have had Bartley in instead of McGinn. Dunno why Cammy bell is in there. Would've had Martin from Dumbarton in there instead.

Sibbald was our player of the year and would make the bench easily for that team but not much more else to be honest. It's been a funny season. The last time he swept the board he was a complete standout, this year he's just been a bit better than a mediocre side. But still we manage to be sitting 2nd with 1 game to go. 

I'd have had Murdoch before Bell but those penalty saves will be fresh in the mind.

Bartley has been the best midfield player we've played against this year, surprised he's not in.

McGinn and Andreu based on what I have seen, have no place in that team. If it wasn't for name recognition, performances wouldn't have put them there. IMO of course

Settle. Both clearly deserve their place. Not overly convinced about Bell as the 'keeper though. I like him but reckon there are better/more consistent over a season.

Has Andreu been a standout for you? Like I said from what I've seen. Your lot have been utterly rank rotten anytime I have watched, and he was meant to be a marquee name that would piss this league. If I were to put him up against Steven Dobbie for example, there would only be one winner.

He has been our most productive player and has pulled us out of many a hole. The comparison with Dobbie is irrelevant as Dobbie is in the team as well.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I just find it hard to put a player like him in there when his team has probably underperformed (albeit 2nd place is a real possibility and would hide a multitude of sins), and he is meant to be the big name. I have watched 3 of the 4 games we played you in, and as far as I could see he was a passenger

Some players struggle or excel against particular teams though. Andreu has done well against us to be fair. Dobbie has been outstanding across the Falkirk games but if you ask a Morton fan they'd wonder what the fuss is about as he's barely kicked a ball in the games against them.

I wouldn't argue much with that team to be fair. Surprised at Devlin's inclusion. I'd have David Gray ahead of him all day long. Martin should maybe have had a shout at goalkeeper. Otherwise it's pretty much spot on for me.

2 hours ago, smpar said:

These threads always go one of two ways;

1) People suggesting that a bang average player from their team should be there.

45 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'd have had Murdoch before Bell but those penalty saves will be fresh in the mind.

3 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I do think Alan Martin should be/should have been in with a shout,

Archived