Your Clubs best bits this season

Going down to Beith Juniors, the much-vaunted 'Junior Cup holders' who genuinely thought that they were going to beat us and delivering a 6-0 shoeing with a semi-reserve team was absolutely fucking glorious. 

The local bumpkins slithering out of their hovel, utterly crushed by the iron fist of The Famous. 

landscape-1471256782-clarkson-being-a-smug-twat.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Restoring normality to the Renfrewshire Derby last month was ok, I guess. Partly because it has cleaned up all subsequent St Mirren threads on here. You all know who I'm talking about.

Generally, though, the home wins against DUFC and Hibs sit with me as the pinnacles. That was when, having totally given up on survival, I started to believe it might be on again. 

Other standouts:

Wee Stevie Mallan. (An absolute shan, Ross Forbes wannabe :lol: )
Stelios Demefuckingtriou.
Stephen McGinn coming back to save us just because he fucking loves St Mirren. And then doing exactly that (almost...)
Managing to convince Lawrence Shankland that his future lay away from football.
Lewis Morgan.
That January transfer window. Will we ever see the like again, with such results? I doubt it.
Discovering that after their best season in years, Morton's actual highlight was putting six past a junior side. As diddy as it gets.

40 minutes ago, virginton said:

Going down to Beith Juniors, the much-vaunted 'Junior Cup holders' who genuinely thought that they were going to beat us and delivering a 6-0 shoeing with a semi-reserve team was absolutely fucking glorious. 

The local bumpkins slithering out of their hovel, utterly crushed by the iron fist of The Famous. 

landscape-1471256782-clarkson-being-a-smug-twat.gif

Best bit of your season was beating a junior team ? Minter

10 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

VT is obviously trolling with that post.

If not..... *inhales sharply through teeth.

Surely not, he's included some of his best material in one post including a Clarkson. That's when we know he means business.

The scenes at East End the other week have to be the front runners for us so far this season. Everything else has been pretty average to be honest. Lets hope the playoffs can provide scenes akin to last year.

#scenes

cc451e026d3ca18e9db79b4de9062f31.jpg

4 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

Relegating Ayr and helping Dumbarton/Raith on the way. 

When you storm to the league title but your favourite bit is turning over the team in 10th place who you failed to beat at home all season.

333.gif

Best bit of your season was beating a junior team ? Minter

I wasn't suggesting that it was our most impressive performance or result, but a thumping win, a fantastic cup day out and putting some horrible, Junior bumpkins back in their box will linger long in the memory of this season. Our routine win at your pointless hovel in Grangemouth will not.

Thanks for playing anyway.

1493989083255.jpg

1 minute ago, virginton said:

I wasn't suggesting that it was our most impressive performance or result, but a thumping win, a fantastic cup day out and putting some horrible, Junior bumpkins back in their box will linger long in the memory of this season. Our routine win at your pointless hovel in Grangemouth will not.

Thanks for playing anyway.

1493989083255.jpg

I never suggested you suggested any of that either. The title of the thread is self explanatory. You chose a victory against a junior side.

image.gif.d6a4aa1921ae4bfafb165bbb58f5eed3.gif

5 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Putting every single diddy club in this division in their box at some point over the course of fhe season. It actually makes me moist knowing we've chucked Falkirk about like the slags they are this season.

Two late goals to snatch wins, a draw against 10 men.........you dont need to wonder why the drugs are commonly linked down that way

Id personally look towards Hearts with 90+ points winning it and even Rangers with 80+ points as putting clubs in the division in their box and not 70+ Hibs

It's been a pretty grim season to be an Ayr fan but the memory that sticks out for me in the 2-1 victor at Easter Road. Think we are the only team in the league to have went there and turned them over.

The signing of Dobbie and his massive contribution of 26 goals and counting (as without bis tally Queens would be in major trouble) also being in first place at the end of the first quarter and winning 3-1 at Easter Road in the League Cup.

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

When you storm to the league title but your favourite bit is turning over the team in 10th place who you failed to beat at home all season.

333.gif

Correct.  We where always going to piss the league.  Relegating Ayr is terrific in the circumstances. 

Making Renfrewshire firmly our bitches all season was pretty fun.

Stark's park at new year probably the highlight.

Being fucked over by refs all season has been pretty shite though.

The 2-1 win at Easter Road is pretty much the only good thing that has come from this season.

Although memorable moments were:

Fleming's double penalty save at Dunfermline

2 injury time goals against Dumbarton after Doc got sent off for a scissor kick (Adams celebrating right in front of Buchanan was pretty spectacular as well)

McGuffie scoring one of the best goals I've seen from an Ayr player since Stevo's vs Alloa about 10 years ago

Apart from those small moments it'll be a season to forget. Unless we win 5-0 on Saturday, then that'll be our best moment.

46 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Making Renfrewshire firmly our bitches all season was pretty fun.

Stark's park at new year probably the highlight.

Being fucked over by refs all season has been pretty shite though.

We were awarded about 400 penalties this season!

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

We were awarded about 400 penalties this season!

398 of which were saved by Cammy Bell.

Actually, that's probably the highlight of the season. That glorious, surreal 20 minute spell at East End Park. Never going to see anything like that again...

ETA: either that or the 1-0 win over Hibs in December, when we were labouring under the misapprehension that we were a good team who might have a shot of winning the league.

Archived