Quadruple 4 Quadruple

HibeeJibee

East Kilbride U20s are having some season. Having already topped their U20s Qualifying League section, and won the U20s League Cup, they are 4pts clear atop the U20s League with 4 games left - one a game in hand on their pursuers; and they're into Semi-Finals of the U20s Knockout Cup (single-legged) and the U20s Challenge Cup (2-legged).

As chance has decreed they play a quadruple-header against Edinburgh University U20s with 4 meetings over 15 days - in the Semi-Finals of both those cups and in the league :huh: :lol:.

EK won 3-0 in CC SF 1st leg at Peffermill last night. League game is tomorrow at the same venue. Then CC SF 2nd leg at K-Park on Tuesday. Finally KOC SF also at K-Park the following week.

I don't think anyone has won a clean-sweep at this level - at least not since the current age-group arrangements came into place - so it'll be interesting to see how they get on.

54 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Impressive.

Midlothian Secondary Juveniles?

A wee bit digging but......

Scottish Juvenile Cup winners 

East of Scotland Juvenile Cup winners 

Walker Cup winners 

Porter Cup winners 

Di Rollo Cup winners 

Howard Cup winners 

Hunter Cup winners 

Willie Bauld Cup winners 

Midlothian Juvenile League Champions 

Midlothian Juvenile League Cup winners 

1974/75 :D

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Cheers. Did you not win the league - see won a League Cup and was that Champions Cup a sort of Charity Shield?

Tbh I'm impressed there was time for a league with all those cups :lol:.

Edit:Bit before my time but champions cup is predictive text error and is indeed THE league. 

On 5/4/2017 at 16:56, newcastle broon said:

A wee bit digging but......

Scottish Juvenile Cup winners 

East of Scotland Juvenile Cup winners 

Walker Cup winners 

Porter Cup winners 

Di Rollo Cup winners 

Howard Cup winners 

Hunter Cup winners 

Willie Bauld Cup winners 

Midlothian Juvenile League Champions 

Midlothian Juvenile League Cup winners 

1974/75 :D

That's an impressive haul.  Did any of those players go on to play professionally or become WW legends?

12 hours ago, The_Judge said:

That's an impressive haul.  Did any of those players go on to play professionally or become WW legends?

As I said wee bit before my time but quite a few ww players over the years have went into the lower leagues of Scottish fitba. 

• 2 weeks later...

We have played Edinburgh uni a few times in the past few weeks...tomorrow will be 4 out of the past 5 games I think. Just got to hope that we do not become complacent and do a professional job and get to another final...could be an unbelievable climax to an amazing season for EKFC 20s.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done to Spartans last night....Tough to take losing a cup final at your home Park...but we have a chance of revenge on Wednesday evening at Ainslie Park. Looking forward to it already with the 2 best sides in the league going head to head....should be a tasty affair.

Well we managed to get a bit of revenge last night and EKFC 20s won the Knockout Cup 1- 0 at Ainslie Park. As always it was a tight affair and a hard fought game....3 trophies out of 4 for the EK lads to round off a terrific season. 4 weeks rest then we start pre-season training for our debut season in the SPFL Development League West.
Thanks to all the teams we faced this past season and good luck to them in the future.

Got to hope so...we have 5 players targeted to start the season training with the first team squad...after that it will be up to the new manager to assess if they have done enough to merit a jersey in the team...

3 hours ago, Craigyboy said:

Got to hope so...we have 5 players targeted to start the season training with the first team squad...after that it will be up to the new manager to assess if they have done enough to merit a jersey in the team...

You no in for the job 

Archived