Ziggy Gordon 'Scottish Coaches Can Learn So Much From Poland'

Lex

Interesting article I thought:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39793314

Think there's a lot of places we can learn from, not sure Poland is one of them. 

Also it seems like he's getting a game for the best team in Poland just now   Right back isn't our strongest position by any means, any chance he could get a call up?  

• 3 weeks later...

It's typical Scottish football mentality to, instead of listening to what he (and others) have to say about modern coaching, techniques, and learning from it, dismiss it without a second's attention. Then they'll go "Jose Mourinho got his coaching badges in Largs, so we must be doing something right".

It's these kinds of people that are happy with mediocrity, as long as they're in a job then to hell with the kids.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Says he's only played 6 times for them, so he's not really "getting a game" and certainly shouldn't be playing ahead of Tierney.

...Nice timing. Wanna say something about Robertson? Brown? Armstrong?

4 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

I never really know whether people are trolling with Brown. He's our best midfielder by a clear distance

I actually never think that. Everyone has their own opinion, so I just take it at face value.

For what it's worth, I do agree that Brown is our best anchorman.

He's not the best midfielder technically but he should be starting. Keeps us ticking over and breaks up play well. Certainly saw a drop-off towards the end of the season though.

He regularly passes the ball straight out of the pitch these days. He was okay when his legs were still there and he could chase people down and fouling them for 90 mins, but now he just doesn't have that in him and his actual footballing ability has been shown up.

He's not as good as he was, but we're nkt blessed enough with players like him to be that fussy. If he can keep his head then hopefully he can channel his energy into noising up the England players into a frothy mess like days of old.

He regularly passes the ball straight out of the pitch these days.

No he doesn't. He had a 95% pass completion record in the champions league this season. Don't remember the last time he had a bad game tbh. He strolls the league

Has anyone even watched Celtic this season? He is a vital part of the way they play. To play that style of possession football you need someone with passing ability sitting deep and keeping the ball moving. I doubt Celtic would have come anywhere close to invincible this season without him.

Archived